The OpenStack Technical Committee is one of the governing bodies of the OpenStack project. You can find more information about it, such as the list of its current members or its governance charter, on the OpenStack governance website at http://governance.openstack.org . It meets weekly in an open meeting in the
#openstack-meeting IRC channel on Freenode.
- October 5th, 20:00 UTC
- Chair: Thierry Carrez (ttx)
- Add team:non-diverse-affiliation tag 
- Cinder v1 drop postmortem 
- Cinder v1 was dropped from devstack, there was a lot of fallout, and eventual revert
- Do we need to add some other guidelines for the follows-deprecation tag?
- More tbd
- Cross-project track at Mitaka design summit
- Communications workgroup report
- Other workgroups
- Open discussion
These items have been proposed, but are not put on the agenda just yet. Could be that they have not been discussed on openstack-dev for the time mandated by our charter yet, or are blocked for some other reason, or are just delayed while we process the earlier requests backlog:
Delayed project team applications:
- Add new project Kosmos  (no activity yet)
- Add Juju Charms for Ubuntu to OpenStack  (no activity yet)
- Adding Monasca to OpenStack  (needs to adopt more of the OpenStack way, reconsider once Mitaka is started)
- Add new openstack kiloeyes repository  (no activity yet)
- Add Fuel to OpenStack Projects  (needs more collaboration, reconsider once Mitaka is started)
- Add Compass to OpenStack Projects  (needs to adopt more of the OpenStack way, reconsider once Mitaka is started)
- [WIP] Add Akanda to OpenStack Projects List  (marked WIP by proposer)
- WIP - Add Group Based Policy Project  (marked WIP by proposer)
Changes needing a new version:
Apologies for Absence
Proposing discussion topics, motions or other governance changes before the TC
Motions need to be presented before Friday 0800 UTC to be added to the next Tuesday meeting agenda for discussion. They should either be posted as a proposed change to the governance repository (on review.openstack.org) or as a "[tc]" thread to email@example.com, with a pointer to that thread should be posted to firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure it gets the required attention from TC members. Upon verification, the TC Chair will put the motion on the agenda for the next meeting.
Before being finally voted on, motions will have to be presented as a governance change. As mandated by our charter, the vote on motions won't be closed until we spent a minimum of 4 business days of public discussions, to give a chance to our wider community to chime in on proposed changes.
Additions of code repositories to existing project teams, as well as other instances of governance repository housekeeping, do not constitute a "motion". Those will be approved a week after being proposed, if they have the required approvals (PTLs in the case of a repository addition) and no TC member -1 vote. A -1 vote will result in the proposed change to be reviewed at the next TC meeting.
Past meetings logs
Logs of past TC meetings can be accessed at: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc