The OpenStack Technical Committee is one of the governing bodies of the OpenStack project. You can find more information about it, such as the list of its current members or its governance charter, on the OpenStack TC governance website at https://governance.openstack.org/tc/ .
In order to include as many people as possible in the discussion, the Technical Committee relies on asynchronous communications as much as possible. We propose and vote on changes through the openstack/governance repository. Large-impact changes are discussed on the openstack-discuss mailing-list. We track current initiatives on the Technical_Committee_Tracker.
- Date: 10 October 2019
- Chair: asettle
- Agenda to be published on the openstack-discuss mailing list before the meeting
- Follow up on past action items
- ricolin: Follow up with SIG chairs about guidelines https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/SIGs-guideline
- ttx: contact interested parties in a new 'large scale' sig (help with mnaser, jroll reaching out to verizon media)
- Release Naming - Results of the TC poll - Next action
- New initiatives and/or report on previous initiatives
- Help gmann on the community goals following our new goal process
- define goal select process schedule
This is different discussion to select goals. We need to make sure we can have a schedule for cycles to follow. So we know when exactly to ask for goal idea, ask for champion, start +1 cycle goal select process, and start +2 cycle select process.
- Maintain issue with Telemetery
- mugsie: to sync with dhellmann or release-team to find the code for the proposal bot
- jroll - ttx: Feedback from the forum selection committee -- Follow up on https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PVG-TC-brainstorming -- Final accepted list?
- mnaser: sync up with swift team on python3 migration
Apologies for Absence
evrardjp - Travelling
Past meetings logs
Logs of past TC meetings can be accessed at: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc