The OpenStack Technical Committee is one of the governing bodies of the OpenStack project. You can find more information about it, such as the list of its current members or its governance charter, on the OpenStack TC governance website at https://governance.openstack.org/tc/ .
In order to include as many people as possible in the discussion, the Technical Committee relies on asynchronous communications as much as possible. We propose and vote on changes through the openstack/governance repository. Large-impact changes are discussed on the openstack-discuss mailing-list. We track current initiatives on the Technical_Committee_Tracker.
- Date: 6 Jun 2019
- Chair: asettle (unless mnaser is in the mood)
- Agenda will be published on the openstack-discuss mailing list before the meeting
All items are from the PTG etherpad at 
- Changes to the health check process. The suggestion was to remove the formality of "health checks" and focus on TC members being liaisons to projects in an effort to help manage a project's health (if required). We need to assign TC members to teams on the project team page. fungi offered to update the wiki, and asettle offered to update the ML on this change once the wiki was updated. See more action items on line 62 of the etherpad.
- Evolution of the help-most-needed list - this was discussed and decided to become an uncapped list, adding docs surrounding annual re-submission for items. We will go through the action items on this list (line 84 of the etherpad). Business cases requiring updates.
- Goal selection is changing. The way goals are being selected for the upcoming release will change. For Train, we will work on socialising the idea of proposing goals that are inclusive of all OpenStack-wide issues and features. The new goal selection process splits the goals into "goal" and "implementation". Further details at the meeting. See line 101 of the etherpad for action items.
- Pop-up teams have been officially recognised and implemented into governance thanks to ttx. Please review his patch here 
- SIG governance is being defined (ricolin and asettle). See line 137 for action items. Will detail further at meeting.
- Python 3 check in. Finalising the migration (mugsie)
- Leaderless projects are becoming a concern - action items were on line 185 of the etherpad. Suggestions include reworking the documentation around the current role of the PTL and providing tips on how to "be a better PTL" and offering shadowing and mentoring for potential candidates. This all needs to be socialised further.
- Kickstarting innovation in Openstack - Zane proposed a zany (har har har) suggestion regarding a new multi-tenant cloud with ironic/neutron/optionally cinder/keytstone/octavia (vision will be completed with k8s on top of OpenStack). Suggestion was for new whitepaper written by zaneb and mnaser.
- Deleting all the things!  See line 234 for action items (mugsie).
- Forum session planning for the next summit as this one was done rather hastily and we missed a few things (such as a goals session). See action items on line 243 of the PTG etherpad 
- Socialising successbot and thanksbot. Get to it, team!
Apologies for Absence
Past meetings logs
Logs of past TC meetings can be accessed at: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc