Weekly Rally meeting
The Rally project team holds a weekly (starting from Oct 29th 2013) team meeting in
- Weekly on Mondays at 1400 UTC
Weekly Rally release meeting
At this meeting, we do not discuss common topics but release-specific stuff only, including the list of critical patches that have to be merged in the next release; Held in IRC, in the
#openstack-rally channel (irc.freenode.net).
- Held on Mondays at 1300 UTC
NOTE: Include your IRC nickname with your agenda items so that you can be called upon in the meeting and arrive at the meeting promptly if placing items in agenda. Please have any supporting links ready. You might want to put this on your calendar if you are adding items.
July 13h, 2015 14:00 UTC
Supporting Solaris led by stpierre:
* The real problems are more than some basic unix command compatibility (CI, how to) https://review.openstack.org/#/c/195966/2
- Enhance Rally API - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/182245/
- andreykurilin: author stopped contributing to Rally, so we should find another person to lead this spec.
- Refactoring Rally cleanup - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172967/
- stpierre: that spec has been stuck for a while. What if we split it into two specs: first, consistent resource naming (which is nearly done); and second, resource cleanup?
- Add environment info to task report - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/169432/
* Don't forget to put here additional links or information
Ironic benchmarks led by rvasilets:
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186064/ here is finished ironic bench and they need code review. * They are needed to add rally job to ironic.
Murano benchmarks led by rvasilets:
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/195677/ They are almost already finished. Need code review. * Note: take a look is temporary files delete for you after task finished.
Next meeting manager led by rvasilets:
* Who what to be the next?
July 6th 2015:
* Rally Meeting Agenda (Agreed: rotate each 2 weeks meeting manager; write summaries by hand using meetbot stuff https://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot) * Ironic benchmarks https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186064/. Issues with recursion wile Ironic task execute http://logs.openstack.org/64/186064/14/experimental/gate-rally-dsvm-ironic-rally/9b0a8d7/console.html.gz#_2015-06-30_14_39_09_363 (Agreed: try to understand why Ironic benchmarks doesn't work and why CLI of ironic works; boris-42 will review Ironic patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186064/) * Use DDT framework in tests. Sample of DDT way to test https://github.com/openstack/rally/blob/master/tests/unit/plugins/openstack/scenarios/manila/test_utils.py#L117-L133 (Agreed: using ddt for newly added tests, low priority to rewite) * Optimize Rally imports https://review.openstack.org/#/c/196493/ (Agreed: That patch should be merged =)) * Some review work update https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rally_review_work. (Action: do the changes with rally dashboard to fit kun_huang requirments. Agreed: review the oldest patches firstly)
June 29th 2015:
* Fixtures upgrades that is block Rally gates * Optimize Rally imports to reduce start time * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above here http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-06-29-14.01.log.html
June 22th 2015:
* Broken cinder attach volume update (https://review.openstack.org/193828) * Rally task abort (finished) * Rally CI updates(format of config file, web ui, etc.) * Rally monasca job * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-06-22-14.11.log.html
June 15th 2015:
* Rally gates are/were blocked (ways to became more isolated from such mistakes) * Delays in next release * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-06-15-14.11.log.html
June 8th 2015:
* Plugin base (finished) * Rally core structure changes * Rally as a Lib & Rally as a Service (spec https://review.openstack.org/#/c/182245/) * Rally Infra updates (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/185031/) * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-06-08-14.09.log.html
May 25th 2015:
* New HTML reports classes (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/159458/, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/146814/, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/169828/) * New script for gate jobs (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/175549/) * Fuel benchmarks (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/178731/) * Specs in the review * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-05-25-14.01.log.html
May 18th 2015:
* [Spec] Enhance Rally API (https://review.openstack.org/182245) * Fuel benchmarks (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/178731/, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/181270/, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/182873/) * Splitting plugins in Rally (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/rally+branch:master+topic:bp/split-plugins,n,z) * Where to find answers (http://rally.readthedocs.org/en/latest/project_info.html) * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-05-18-14.04.log.html
April 28th 2015:
* Rally QA week * Upcoming Rally 0.0.4 release: progress on critical patches * Spec on refactoring scenario utils: review and discussion (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172831/) * Spec on in-tree functional tests: review and discussion (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/166487/) * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-04-28-17.00.log.html
Have any questions?
Ping boris-42 at