Difference between revisions of "Meetings/Rally"
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
'''August 24th, 2015 14:00 UTC'''
'''August 24th, 2015 14:00 UTC'''
= Previous meetings =
= Previous meetings =
Revision as of 10:51, 22 August 2015
Weekly Rally meeting
The Rally project team holds a weekly (starting from Oct 29th 2013) team meeting in
- Weekly on Mondays at 1400 UTC
Weekly Rally release meeting
At this meeting, we do not discuss common topics but release-specific stuff only, including the list of critical patches that have to be merged in the next release; Held in IRC, in the
#openstack-rally channel (irc.freenode.net).
- Held on Mondays at 1300 UTC
NOTE: Include your IRC nickname with your agenda items so that you can be called upon in the meeting and arrive at the meeting promptly if placing items in agenda. Please have any supporting links ready. You might want to put this on your calendar if you are adding items.
* [irc_nickname] Topic name. In additional some general question to the community - Link to the patch, additional links or information.
August 24th, 2015 14:00 UTC
* [andreykurilin] The critical number of outdated patches on review.
August 17th, 2015
* [kun_huang] [short news] chinese openstack hackathon (There is a meetup in this week, openstack hackathon (china)) * [rvasilets] 'rally task abort' now is green! Welcome to review. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/161636/ * [boris-42] Switching Scenario to plugin base https://review.openstack.org/#/c/212831/ After this patch we will be able to do few next things: - common deprecation mechanism for all types of plugins - common (scenario like) validation mechanism for all types of plugins - common types mechanism and replace a bunch of bad code from rally engine/framework * [boris-42] Where is 0.1.0 release? (Agreed: need to switch to plugin base scenarios and implement task aborts. Probably in two weeks)
August 10th, 2015
* [amaretskiy ]New classes for HTML report charts. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/159458 (Agreed: They are already done, need review for it) * [kun] ]Vm workload https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FQicnj6aIdbfYts9ofYdz0dUEf9zyssWqDjQR40h268/edit (Agreed: the next step is to create servers_ext context) * [kun] What's the state of Solaris support? * [ikhudoshyn] Refactor BenchmarkEngine https://review.openstack.org/#/c/209046/ (Agreed: take a look at this)
August 3th, 2015
* Swift context for Sahara in Rally https://review.openstack.org/#/c/177732/ (Agreed: boris-42 will take a look at them) * Ability to specify directory with murano package files https://review.openstack.org/#/c/195677/ (Agreed: boris-42 believe that rvasilets should just ping other cores to review it) * Add 'description' element to scenario config https://review.openstack.org/181307 (Agreed: this information should be somewhere used not just added. yingjun will add this to the task reports)
July 27th, 2015
* Make Rally framework independent from OpenStack https://review.openstack.org/#/c/203911/ * Create_and_list_<singular> (e.g., create_and_list_image) or create_and_list_<plural> (e.g., create_and_list_users)? (Agreed: we should use plural everywhere and make hacking rule for this) * Verify performance with Rally: compare performance of scenarios after 2 runs (Agreed: We will finish this task someday) * Replace depraceted oslo.db code https://review.openstack.org/#/c/205530/ (Agreed: Looks reasonable)
July 20th, 2015
* [boris-42] Meeting agenda and how to make people work on it not at the very last moment (Agreed: meeting manager sends out reminder on Thursday) * [boris-42] Splitting Rally framework and OpenStack (updates) (Boris: Need "patch that will make our context responsible for mapping resources for each scenario iteration. e.g. I will move this code https://github.com/openstack/rally/blob/master/rally/task/runner.py#L47-L58 to ContextManager. I am going to publish this patch today later") * [boris-42] Support of benchmarking multi API versions of projects with same plugins (Boris: "We will have special context for openstack_api_versions where you can specify info what python clients to create and there will be validator for all scenarios (which versions they support) and a bit magic in osclients and openstack.scenario to make this work.") * [amaretskiy] Status for patches related to new streaming Reports generation: (Need code review) - more streaming algorithms - new classes for Reports generation - use new classes and chunks for reports - add LoadProfile chart to reports * Ironic benchmarks led by rvasilets: (Need code review) - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186064/ need code review
July 13th, 2015:
* Supporting Solaris (Agreed: We will support Solaris and we will start from CI for it) * Should we support py26? (Need: Talk without dhellmann about cuping release versions in requriments) * Stucked specs. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/182245/ (Agreed Split "Refactoring Rally cleanup": 1) consistent resource naming; 2) the actual cleanup.) * Stucked patches (pain) https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/rally+branch:master+topic:bp/vm-workloads-framework,n,z (Agree: Cores take a look at it) * Who is in charge for moderating 2 next meetings? (Agree: stpierre is going to be in charge for next two meethings) * Murano benchmarks https://review.openstack.org/#/c/195677/ (Need: code review) * Cinder benchmarks (Cinder is going to make rally job voting after https://review.openstack.org/#/c/194180/ ) * Ironic benchmarks https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186064/ (Agree: Ask somebody from Ironic core team for review)
July 6th 2015:
* Rally Meeting Agenda (Agreed: rotate each 2 weeks meeting manager; write summaries by hand using meetbot stuff https://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot) * Ironic benchmarks https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186064/. Issues with recursion wile Ironic task execute http://logs.openstack.org/64/186064/14/experimental/gate-rally-dsvm-ironic-rally/9b0a8d7/console.html.gz#_2015-06-30_14_39_09_363 (Agreed: try to understand why Ironic benchmarks doesn't work and why CLI of ironic works; boris-42 will review Ironic patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186064/) * Use DDT framework in tests. Sample of DDT way to test https://github.com/openstack/rally/blob/master/tests/unit/plugins/openstack/scenarios/manila/test_utils.py#L117-L133 (Agreed: using ddt for newly added tests, low priority to rewite) * Optimize Rally imports https://review.openstack.org/#/c/196493/ (Agreed: That patch should be merged =)) * Some review work update https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rally_review_work. (Action: do the changes with rally dashboard to fit kun_huang requirments. Agreed: review the oldest patches firstly)
June 29th 2015:
* Fixtures upgrades that is block Rally gates * Optimize Rally imports to reduce start time * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above here http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-06-29-14.01.log.html
June 22th 2015:
* Broken cinder attach volume update (https://review.openstack.org/193828) * Rally task abort (finished) * Rally CI updates(format of config file, web ui, etc.) * Rally monasca job * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-06-22-14.11.log.html
June 15th 2015:
* Rally gates are/were blocked (ways to became more isolated from such mistakes) * Delays in next release * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-06-15-14.11.log.html
June 8th 2015:
* Plugin base (finished) * Rally core structure changes * Rally as a Lib & Rally as a Service (spec https://review.openstack.org/#/c/182245/) * Rally Infra updates (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/185031/) * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-06-08-14.09.log.html
May 25th 2015:
* New HTML reports classes (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/159458/, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/146814/, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/169828/) * New script for gate jobs (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/175549/) * Fuel benchmarks (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/178731/) * Specs in the review * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-05-25-14.01.log.html
May 18th 2015:
* [Spec] Enhance Rally API (https://review.openstack.org/182245) * Fuel benchmarks (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/178731/, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/181270/, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/182873/) * Splitting plugins in Rally (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/rally+branch:master+topic:bp/split-plugins,n,z) * Where to find answers (http://rally.readthedocs.org/en/latest/project_info.html) * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-05-18-14.04.log.html
April 28th 2015:
* Rally QA week * Upcoming Rally 0.0.4 release: progress on critical patches * Spec on refactoring scenario utils: review and discussion (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172831/) * Spec on in-tree functional tests: review and discussion (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/166487/) * Open discussion
Logs form the meeting above http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/rally/2015/rally.2015-04-28-17.00.log.html
Have any questions?
Ping boris-42 at