Weekly Nova Scheduler team meeting
MEETING TIME: Mondays 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting-alt)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on the Nova Scheduler subteam. We cover topics such as development focus, status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Next meetings scheduled for:
- October 10 2016 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting-alt (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20161010T140000)
- October 17 2016 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting-alt (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20161017T140000)
- This might be too close to the summit, but maybe some quick last-minute discussions.
Agenda for next meeting
- Specs & Reviews
- Open discussion
- Summit topic ideas?
- Cells awareness in scheduler.
- For the most part the scheduler should be unaware of cells, however when rescheduling or migrating an instance the scheduler needs to only consider hosts within the same cell the instance is currently. How best to accomplish this?
- My initial idea is to have hosts report their cell when providing info to the scheduler and add a CellFilter that can be used for situations that require it.