Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting-alt) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
Agenda for next meeting
- October 23, 2014 21:00 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141023T210000)
- No meeting October 30
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
mikal tjones cburgess jgrimm adrian_otto mzoeller funzo mjturek jcook ekhugen irina_pov krtaylor
- Kilo Specs
- we are open -- 15 approved for Kilo so far
- if your code reviews are being blocked on a "procedural -2", please ping the reviewer (in email) and remind them to reconsider
- re-approve blueprint fast-track
- Kilo Summit
- https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-nova-summit-topics has been turned into this:
== Wed == 9:00 - 10:30 Cells 11:00 - 11:40 Functional testing 11:50 - 12:30 Glance client library 1:50 - 2:30 Unconference 2:40 - 3:20 CI status checkpoint 3:30 - 4:10 Virt drivers: Consistency and Minimum requirements 4:30 - 5:10 Objects Status and Deadlines 5:20 - 6:00 NFV Proposed Specs (need specs) == Thu == 9:00 - 9:40 API microversions 9:50 - 10:30 nova-network migration 11:00 - 12:30 Scheduler / Resource tracker 1:40 - 2:20 Unconference 2:30 - 3:10 Upgrades / DB migration plan 3:20 - 4:00 Containers Service 4:30 - 6:00 Workload management == Fri == "Meetup day"
- note cross project stuff: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Summit/Planning
- Gate status
- Categorization of gate failures is bad: http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/data/uncategorized.html (might be bug 1373513)
- Fixed IP quota shenanigans: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353962 - need more nova eyes on this since we have better logging now
- Probably worst bug is https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1373513 for Cinder causing volume delete timeouts; we need a better query (mriedem working on it)
- Open discussion
- No meeting next week?
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.