Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting-alt) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
Agenda for next meeting
- October 2, 2014 14:00 UTC, #openstack-meeting-alt (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141002T140000)
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
mikal tjones cburgess jgrimm adrian_otto mzoeller funzo mjturek jcook ekhugen
- Juno RC1
- is out!
- this means master is now open for Kilo development
- specs are now open as discussed a few weeks ago, note however that there is talk of tweaks to the template, which might mean we ask you to update to a new template if you propose something now
- if your code reviews are being blocked on a "procedural -2", please ping the reviewer (in email) and remind them to reconsider
- Gate status
- Open discussion
- Summit topics: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-nova-summit-topics
Juno hot topics
We need to follow through on what came up as really important at the summit, and make sure things happen.
Things we really need to fix in Juno:
- API evolution: ??
- upgrades (objects, etc): dansmith
- virt min interface: dansmith
- future of cells: comstud
- virt driver testing, raising the bar
- gate testing improvements
- stability improvements
- scheduler split into gantt: scheduler sub group
- containers support in nova: container sub group
- further CI work
- TODO - still building this list??
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.