Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting-alt) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
Agenda for next meeting
- August 14, 2014 21:00 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140814T210000)
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
mikal tjones cburgess jgrimm adrian_otto mzoeller funzo mjturek jcook
- Juno-3 status, Feature Proposal Freeze August 21st, September 4th Juno-3, FF and SF
- Update review priorities
- Still looking for a volunteer to wrangle review days
- Bugs (tjones)
- Gate status
- Mid-cycle summary
- A summary of the mid-cycle meetup was requested, so mikal has been writing one up. Its taking a while because its long. The first three bits are up now, and more will go up today.
- #link http://www.stillhq.com/openstack/juno/000005.html -- social stuff
- #link http://www.stillhq.com/openstack/juno/000006.html -- containers
- #link http://www.stillhq.com/openstack/juno/000007.html -- ironic
- Topics I've written up but need proof reading before posting are db2 and cells, there will be more after that as well
- Open discussion
- Disable IBM PowerKVM CI while the failures are being investigated, it's basically being ignored right now and just generating noise.
- Any urgent sub-team updates?
- Any urgent "hot topic" or "epic" updates?
Juno hot topics
We need to follow through on what came up as really important at the summit, and make sure things happen.
Things we really need to fix in Juno:
- API evolution: ??
- upgrades (objects, etc): dansmith
- virt min interface: dansmith
- future of cells: comstud
- virt driver testing, raising the bar
- gate testing improvements
- stability improvements
- scheduler split into gantt: scheduler sub group
- containers support in nova: container sub group
- further CI work
- TODO - still building this list??
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.