Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- January 31st 2019 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190131T210000)
- February 7th 2019 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190207T140000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Stein release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Stein_Release_Schedule
- #info s-3 feature freeze is March 7
- #link Stein runway etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-stein
- #link runway #1: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/per-instance-libvirt-sysinfo-serial (Kevin_Zheng) [END 2019-02-04] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/619953/
- #link runway #2: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/flavor-extra-spec-image-property-validation (jackding) [END 2019-02-07] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/620706/
- #link runway #3: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vrouter-hw-offloads (jangutter) [END 2019-02-11] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/572082/
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- #link 57 new untriaged bugs (0 change since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link 4 untagged untriaged bugs (up 2 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- #help need help with bug triage
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- #link mriedem's gate status email from last week: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-January/002090.html
- #link http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/gate.html#1813198 was the biggest issue but test_subnet_details is now being skipped until fixed
- #help subunit parser failures are now our biggest gate issue: http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/gate.html#1813147
- #help The legacy-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode-live-migration (non-voting) job is broken: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1813216
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ciwatch.mmedvede.net/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #link Stein Subteam Patches n Bugs: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stein-nova-subteam-tracking
- #info Chinese New Year is next week.
- Stable branch status:
- #link stable/rocky: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/rocky,n,z
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/queens,n,z
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/pike,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Scheduler (efried)
- API (gmann)
- No office hour this week.
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. It's not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases.
- (mriedem): per-instance serial number: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/619953/ is stuck on the ML thread http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-January/thread.html#2037 proposing to just always use instance uuid for the serial, don't add new extra spec / image property / config option choice, and effectively deprecate the [libvirt]/sysinfo_serial option.
- Open discussion
- <add your items here>
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.