Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- No meeting during summit week November 15th 2018
- No meeting on November 22nd 2018 (US holiday of Thanksgiving during the 2100 UTC time slot)
- November 29th 2018 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20181129T140000)
- December 6th 2018 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20181206T210000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Stein release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Stein_Release_Schedule
- #link Stein runway etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-stein
- #link runway #1: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/reshape-provider-tree (bauzas/naichuan) [END: 2018-11-08] starts here https://review.openstack.org/#/c/599208/
- #link runway #2: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/use-nested-allocation-candidates (gibi) [END 2018-11-08] https://review.openstack.org/567268
- #link runway #3: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/initial-allocation-ratios (yikun) [END 2018-11-09] starts here https://review.openstack.org/602803
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- #link 59 new untriaged bugs (up 8 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link 7 untagged untriaged bugs (down 2 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- #help need help with bug triage
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #link Stein Subteam Patches n Bugs: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stein-nova-subteam-tracking
- #link Create etherpads for Forum sessions: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum/Berlin2018
- #link Add your name to cross-project forum sessions if you can attend: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-forum-stein
- Stable branch status:
- #link stable/rocky: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/rocky,n,z
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/queens,n,z
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/pike,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Scheduler (efried)
- API (gmann)
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- (mriedem): Need to figure out what to do about the fix for gate bug 1798688: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/617040/ - do we whack the mole in the compute code or detect and retry in the scheduler?
- Open discussion
- (mriedem): Looking for approval on this specless blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/run-meta-api-per-cell - this was discussed in the Oct 25 meeting and there was agreement for no spec, but efried wanted to know the name of the config option which is in the blueprint now. So are we good to go?
- (gmann): Regarding migrating the gate jobs to Bionic- http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-November/000168.html . I have tested existing zuulv3 nova jobs on bionic and all working fine. I have marked OK for nova in https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/devstack-bionic
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.