Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- July 26th 2018 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180726T140000)
- August 2nd 2018 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180802T210000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Rocky release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Rocky_Release_Schedule
- #link https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-rocky-blueprint-status
- #link Rocky review runways: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-rocky
- #link runway #1: Use neutrons new port binding API https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/neutron-new-port-binding-api (mriedem) [END DATE: 2018-07-26] https://review.openstack.org/434870
- #link runway #2: NUMA-aware vSwitches https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/numa-aware-vswitches (stephenfin) [END DATE: 2018-07-26] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/564440
- #link runway #3: Multiple Fixed-IPs support in network information https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/multiple-fixed-ips-network-information (mgagne) [END DATE: 2018-07-26] https://review.openstack.org/580742
- Feature Freeze is today.
- Reviews to focus on today
- FFE/deferral candidates:
- #link reshaper series https://review.openstack.org/#/c/576927/
- Reviews to focus on today
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- #link 49 new untriaged bugs (down 1 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link 5 untagged untriaged bugs (up 1 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- #help need help with bug triage
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #link Rocky Subteam Patches n Bugs: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rocky-nova-priorities-tracking
- #link Stein PTG planning: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-ptg-stein
- Stable branch status:
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/queens,n,z
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/pike,n,z
- #link stable/ocata: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/ocata,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Scheduler (efried)
- #link scheduler subteam minutes http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova_scheduler/2018/nova_scheduler.2018-07-23-14.00.html
- Notification (gibi) [07.26]
- No meeting this week either. Status mail #link: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-July/132410.html
- I'm not tracking anything super important for the Rocky release, everything is either done or deferred.
- API (gmann)
- Latest API updates #link http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-July/132461.html
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Open discussion
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.