Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- July 26th 2018 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180726T140000)
- August 2nd 2018 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180802T210000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Rocky release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Rocky_Release_Schedule
- #link https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-rocky-blueprint-status
- #link Rocky review runways: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-rocky
- #link runway #1: Allow abort live migrations in queued status https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/abort-live-migration-in-queued-status (Kevin Zheng) [END DATE: 2018-07-25] starts here https://review.openstack.org/563505
- #link runway #2: Placement mirror host aggregates https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/placement-mirror-host-aggregates (jaypipes) [END DATE: 2018-07-26] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/575912
- #link runway #3: New Neutron port binding API https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/neutron-new-port-binding-api (mriedem) [END DATE: 2018-07-26] starts here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/523604/
- Feature Freeze is today.
- Reviews to focus on today
- FFE/deferral candidates:
- #link reshaper series https://review.openstack.org/#/c/576927/
- Reviews to focus on today
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- #link 50 new untriaged bugs (no change since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link 4 untagged untriaged bugs (down 2 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- #help need help with bug triage
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #link Rocky Subteam Patches n Bugs: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rocky-nova-priorities-tracking
- #link Stein PTG planning: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-ptg-stein
- Stable branch status:
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/queens,n,z
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/pike,n,z
- #link stable/ocata: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/ocata,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Scheduler (efried)
- #link scheduler subteam minutes http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova_scheduler/2018/nova_scheduler.2018-07-23-14.00.html
- Notification (gibi) [2018-07-19]
- No meeting this week, but here are the fresh status mail #link http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-July/132292.html
- API (gmann)
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Open discussion
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.