Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- March 15th 2018 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180315T210000)
- March 22nd 2018 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180322T140000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Rocky release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Rocky_Release_Schedule
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- #link 45 new untriaged bugs (down N since the last meeting) https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- #link untagged untriaged bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #help tag untagged untriaged bugs with appropriate tags to categorize them
- #help consider signing up as a bug tag owner and help determine the validity and severity of bugs with your tag
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #info Rocky PTG nova session summaries are being sent out to the dev ML this week and will continue the following week if needed
- #help Need one or two volunteers to help with the 40 minute Nova on-boarding session at the summit
- #info Rocky spec freeze is about a month out, Apr 19. Need to be thinking about when to have a Rocky spec review day. melwitt will post to the dev ML to gather input about what date we should schedule it
- #link Rocky Review Priorities https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rocky-nova-priorities-tracking
- #info We're going to be experimenting with a new non-priority blueprint tracking a reviewing process this cycle: "runways" and melwitt is writing up a rough draft on how it will work and gather input, then document it and communicate it to the dev ML
- Stable branch status:
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/queens,n,z
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/pike,n,z
- #link stable/ocata: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/ocata,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Scheduler (edleafe)
- Notification (gibi)
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Any stuck code reviews to discuss:
- Open discussion
- (stephenfin) Specless blueprint for CPU weigher needs approval:
- (mriedem): blueprint for adding granular policy code to placement: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/granular-placement-policy - does this need a spec?
- (gibi): specless blueprint for including traceback in versioned error notifications: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-full-traceback-to-error-notifications
- (dansmith): specless blueprint for xenapi aggregate removal (and related alternate pool implementation): https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/live-migration-in-xapi-pool
- (takashin): specless blueprint for versioned notification when removing members from a server group
- #link https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-server-group-remove-member-notifications
- Discussed at the PTG (L616 https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-ptg-rocky )
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.