Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- February 1st 2018 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180201T210000)
- February 8th 2018 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180208T140000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Queens release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Queens_Release_Schedule
- #info Feb 8: Queens release candidate 1
- #info Blueprints: 41 completed, the rest have been deferred to Rocky
- #link Queens completed blueprints: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/queens
- #link Queens RC1 TODOs: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-queens-release-candidate-todo
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- queens-rc-potential bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=queens-rc-potential
- Critical bugs
- #info 51 new untriaged bugs (up 3 since the last meeting)
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #link Rocky PTL nominations are open this week: https://governance.openstack.org/election/
- #link Rocky Summit call for presentations is open until Feb 8: https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/call-for-presentations/
- #link Rocky PTG topics: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-ptg-rocky
- Stable branch status:
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/pike,n,z
- #link stable/ocata: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/ocata,n,z
- #info The newton branch is now official end of life upstream.
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Scheduler (edleafe)
- API (sdague/alex_xu)
- Notification (gibi)
- There was no meeting this week
- No open issues for Queen
- Cinder (mriedem) - working on docs, last minute bugs, getting CI patches merged, and PTG planning
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Any stuck code reviews to discuss:
- Open discussion
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.