Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- April 6th 2017 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170406T140000)
- April 13th 2017 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170413T210000)
- April 20th 2017 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170420T140000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Pike release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Pike_Release_Schedule
- #info Blueprints: 64 targeted, 49 approved, 1 completed
- #info Open spec reviews: 61 (down 48 from last week)
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- #help Our backlog of new untriaged bugs is high. Need help with triage of new bugs.
- Critical bugs
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #info Spec freeze is April 13 (1 week)
- #link Pike Review Priorities etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/pike-nova-priorities-tracking
- #link Forum planning: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum/Boston2017
- #link https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BOS-Nova-brainstorming Forum discussion planning for nova (add your name if you are going)
- #info Currently proposed forum topics: http://forumtopics.openstack.org/
- #info More information on planning: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-March/114703.html
- Stable branch status: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-tracker
- stable/ocata: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/ocata,n,z
- stable/newton: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/newton,n,z
- stable/mitaka: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/mitaka,n,z
- #info Planned EOL for Mitaka is April 10
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Scheduler (edleafe)
- Live Migration (tdurakov)
- Specs to review
- Live migration completion timeout(config part): https://review.openstack.org/#/c/438467/
- Specs to review
- API (sdague/alex_xu)
- Notification (gibi)
- We discussed https://review.openstack.org/#/c/448779 Add BDM to InstancePayload , agreed to add a new config option to limit the db load due to querying BDM for the notification.
- We saw a problem regarding notification API stability and payload class inheritance in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/453077/ the compromised we found is documented here https://review.openstack.org/#/c/453667
- We discussed an idea to remove highly redundant notification samples. The POC needs more eyes here https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:refactor-notification-samples
- PowerVM (efried, thorst)
- Cinder (mriedem, johnthetubaguy, ildikov) - Review focus is on the new detach flow: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/438750/
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Any stuck code reviews to discuss:
- Open discussion
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.