Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- November 24th 2016 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20161124T210000)
- December 1st 2016 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20161201T140000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Ocata release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Ocata_Release_Schedule
- #link Ocata blueprints https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/ocata
- #info 69 total blueprints, 8 implemented, 14 not started, 36 need code review
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- The live migration job should be working again: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/405196/ - thanks tdurakov!
- 3rd party CI
- #info Need to move 3rd party CI to use Neutron as we're moving off nova-network.
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #link Ocata review priorities https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ocata-nova-priorities-tracking
- Stable branch status: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-tracker
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Need reviews here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/399710/
- There might be some rough waters with cells v1 when we move instance creation to conductor, but we'll see how bad that looks when we get there. Might require some cells v1 conditional hackery.
- melwitt is going to check to see what's needed for consoleauth, if anything.
- Scheduler (edleafe)
- resource providers update from cdent: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-November/107982.html
- Live Migration (tdurakov)
- ci improvements in progress
- etherpad with patches to review updated
- API (sdague/alex_xu)
- SR-IOV/PCI (moshele)
- Notification (gibi) Notes for 8th of December
- version notification transformation needs core attention as 7 patches are ready for core review. The ocata-nova-priorities-tracking pad is up to date.
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/flavor-notifications the code is almost ready for core review
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/additional-notification-fields-for-searchlight has an assignee and the first two patches are up for review
- progress on https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/json-schema-for-versioned-object is slowed so it needs more attention from the subteam
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Any stuck code reviews to discuss:
- Open discussion
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.