Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- November 10th 2016 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20161110T210000)
- November 17th 2016 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20161117T140000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Ocata release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Ocata_Release_Schedule
- #info Next upcoming date: Nov 17: o-1 milestone, spec approval freeze
- Poll: spec review sprint?
- #link Open specs: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/nova-specs+status:open
- Poll: 2 or 3 days for the PTG? Wed-Thurs or Wed-Fri? The first two days will be cross-project. The last 3 days are meetup style.
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #info Need to move 3rd party CI to use Neutron as we're moving off nova-network.
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #link Ocata review priorities https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ocata-nova-priorities-tracking
- Stable branch status: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-tracker
- stable/newton: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/newton,n,z
- stable/mitaka: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/mitaka,n,z
- stable/liberty: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/liberty,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Scheduler (edleafe)
- Live Migration (tdurakov)
- API (sdague/alex_xu)
- SR-IOV/PCI (moshele)
- Notification (gibi)
- [gibi]: I cannot join this week, see the updates form the subteam below
- The notification transformation work progressing well, there are 4 transformation patches ready for core review.
- syjulian works on the implementation of the json-schema-for-versioned-notifications bp the first two patches are ready for core review
- The ocata-nova-priorities-tracking etherpad is up to date with the patches ready for core review
- Discussion is ongoing in the 3 bug reports opened by searchlight guys to decide what extra data is needed for searchlight in the notifications. https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=searchlight There are performance concerns about the extra db query needed to provide some of the data (BDM).
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Any stuck code reviews to discuss:
- Open discussion
- Specless BP request (hshiina)
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/inject-nmi-ironic - Introduce inject NMI interface in nova ironic driver
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/soft-reboot-poweroff - Support soft reboot and poweroff in nova ironic driver
- ironic side SPEC for both BP was approved. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186700/
- Specless BP request (hshiina)
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.