Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- October 6th 2016 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20161006T140000)
- October 13th 2016 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20161013T210000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Newton release should happen today.
- #link Draft Ocata release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Ocata_Release_Schedule
- Summit planning
- #link Nova Ocata design summit draft schedule: https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/summit-schedule/global-search?t=Nova%3A
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI status
- Critical bugs
- (auggy): DocImpact tag reminder to reviewers! Changes with DocImpact tags create a bug; make sure there's a description of what documentation is needed!
- #help https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Weekly_bug_skimming_duty Volunteers for 1 week of bug skimming duty?
- Stable branch status: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-tracker
- #info There was a stable/liberty patch release last week. Requesting a stable/mitaka release this week. We'll do a stable/newton patch release next week.
- stable/newton: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/newton,n,z
- stable/mitaka: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/mitaka,n,z
- stable/liberty: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/liberty,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (alaski)
- Scheduler (edleafe/jaypipes)
- Live Migration (PaulMurray)
- API (sdague/alex_xu)
- SR-IOV/PCI (moshele)
- Notification (gibi)
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Any stuck code reviews to discuss:
- (peter-hamilton): Would like to discuss ways forward for https://review.openstack.org/#/c/357151/ . Related to: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-support-image-signing
- Open discussion
- (mriedem): Start thinking about PTG attendance, February 20-2. Mon/Tues are cross-project, Wed-Fri are vertical team meetup-style. Mon and Fri would be 'optional'.
- (hferenc): Unifying image and flavor metadata (https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1582693)
- (jroll): Ironic portgroups BP, can we approve or does it need a spec? https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/ironic-portgroups-support
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.