Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- February 11th 2016 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160211T140000)
- February 18th 2016 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160218T210000)
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
mikal tjones cburgess jgrimm adrian_otto funzo mjturek jcookekhugen
irina_pov krtaylor danpb alexpilotti flip214 jaypipes garyk edleafe dims
moshele anteaya Nisha sileht claudiub lxsli neiljerram markus_z swamireddy alevine
tonyb andreykurilin ndipanov sc68cal akuriata artom jlvillal mnestratov kashyap
aloga rgeragnov bauzas xyang tpatil med_ nic scottda nagyz belliott
dguitarbite sdague jroll diana_clarke _diana_ raildo jichen gjayavelu mdorman klindgren
sorrison belmoreira mrda auggy PaulMurray gcb thorst duncant macsz thomasem tpatzig bobball
Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release Status
- Mar 1-3, Mitaka-3 and feature freeze, Final release for client libraries, Soft String Freeze, etc.
- Looking out for release critical bugs, mitaka-rc-potential
- When to pausing long running efforts (centralise config, py34, mox, etc)
- the doc element to the config work seems important, the moving Opts around should probably halt until Newton?
- Regular Reminders
- Review focus list: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-priorities-tracking
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Gate status
- Time to review the jobs Nova uses on every commit, given the node reduction lately (dansmith) (take 2?)
- Currently we require 21 nodes in check for all the tests we run
- Reconsider things like the v2.0 API, postgres, etc jobs?
- Maybe make ceph our default job (90% of our customers use it, apparently it's not very stable currently)?
- 3rd party CI status
- Critical bugs
- Looking out for release critical bugs, use mitaka-rc-potential, if agreed target at milestone, usually high priority or higher
- more volunteers for 1 week of bug skimming duty? Weekly_bug_skimming_duty
- Stable branch status: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-tracker
- Gate status
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Any stuck code reviews to discuss:
- Open discussion
- get-me-a-network: bulk of code landed (server+client side - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/get-me-a-network + https://review.openstack.org/#/c/233306/)
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.