Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- January 7th 2016 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160107T210000)
- Please note the change in time, its an odd wee: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/083216.html
- January 14th 2016 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160114T140000)
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
mikal tjones cburgess jgrimm adrian_otto funzo mjturek jcookekhugen
irina_pov krtaylor danpb alexpilotti flip214 jaypipes garyk edleafe dims
moshele anteaya Nisha sileht claudiub lxsli neiljerram markus_z swamireddy alevine
tonyb andreykurilin ndipanov sc68cal akuriata artom jlvillal mnestratov kashyap
aloga rgeragnov bauzas xyang tpatil med_ nic scottda nagyz belliott
dguitarbite sdague jroll diana_clarke _diana_ raildo jichen gjayavelu mdorman klindgren
sorrison belmoreira mrda mmmpork PaulMurray gcb thorst duncant macsz
Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release Status
- Jan 21: Nova non-priority feature freeze
- Jan 19-21: mitaka-2
- Regular Reminders
- Review focus list: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-priorities-tracking
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Gate status
- 3rd party CI status
- Critical bugs
- volunteers for 1 week of bug skimming duty? Weekly_bug_skimming_duty
- Stable branch status: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-tracker
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Any stuck code reviews to discuss:
- Open discussion
- Midcycle details
- TC related reviews:
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/256440/2 (remove containers from the mission)
- Nova needs an Oslo liaison: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#Oslo
- The Oslo team is getting stuck carrying deprecated code for a long time since the consuming projects aren't making it a priority to get updated. We need a person to be coordinating between the Nova and Oslo team, attending Oslo meetings, and driving review priorities for the Nova team wrt Oslo changes.
- I would like to take this role, help Nova and Oslo team work together smoothly, and talked this in: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/082906.html --gcb
- NovaObjectDictCompat tech debt
- Drafted specless bp: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/rm-object-dict-compat
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.