Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- July 9th 2015 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150709T140000)
- July 16th 2015 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150716T210000)
- July 23rd 2015 - no meeting, midcycle meetup
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
abhishekk mikal tjones cburgess jgrimm adrian_otto funzo mjturek jcookekhugen
irina_pov krtaylor danpb alexpilotti flip214 jaypipes gilliard garyk edleafe dims
moshele anteaya Nisha sileht claudiub lxsli neiljerram markus_z swamireddy alevine
tonyb andreykurilin ndipanov sc68cal akuriata artom jlvillal mnestratov kashyap
aloga rgeragnov bauzas
Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release Status
- Next date: July 10: non-priority feature review bash day
- Next deadline: July 16: non-priority feature proposal freeze
- Blueprint/Spec Exceptions
- update on: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/liberty-spec-freeze-exceptions
- Review for Improve performance of unshelve api, https://review.openstack.org/135387
- please add any blueprints you need approving, to be discussed
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Gate status
- Critical bugs
- Stable branch status
- Regular Review Reminders
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Any stuck code reviews to discuss:
- Open discussion
- Please share midcyle ideas: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/liberty-nova-midcycle
- request id returned from the clients: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/156508/16/specs/return-request-id.rst,cm
- API WG reviews: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-July/068682.html
- Cells and Neutron interaction
- Neutron devs had a discussion at the Neutron midcycle, mlavalle volunteered to start working with the Nova team to ensure Neutron also has cells support - will work with scollins and beages as part of the inter-project liaison effort
- metadata service API change for adding instance.project_id - needs a spec? https://review.openstack.org/#/c/197185/
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.