Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- June 7th 2018 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180607T210000)
- June 14th 2018 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180614T140000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Rocky release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Rocky_Release_Schedule
- #link Rocky review runways: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-rocky
- #link runway #1: Certificate Validation - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-validate-certificates (bpoulos) [END DATE: 2018-06-15] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/nova-validate-certificates
- #link runway #2: Neutron new port binding API for live migration: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/neutron-new-port-binding-api (mriedem) [END DATE: 2018-06-20] Starts here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/558001/
- #link runway #3: XenAPI: improve the image handler configure:https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/xenapi-image-handler-option-improvement (naichuans) [END DATE: 2018-06-20] starts here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/486475/
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- #link 44 new untriaged bugs (up 2 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link 13 untagged untriaged bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #link Rocky Subteam Patches n Bugs https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rocky-nova-priorities-tracking
- #info Spec Freeze Day today Thursday June 7
- Stable branch status:
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/queens,n,z
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/pike,n,z
- #link stable/ocata: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/ocata,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Scheduler (edleafe)
- Notification (gibi) [2018.06.04]
- We had a meeting with Matt and talked about the possible need of a major bump of the ServerGroupPayload due the the renaming and retyping of the policies field of the InstanceGroup ovo.
- We agreed to aim for keeping both the deprecated policies and adding the new policy field with a minor version bump if possible.
- #link https://review.openstack.org/#/c/563401/3/doc/notification_samples/common_payloads/ServerGroupPayload.json@10
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Open discussion
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.