- 1 Meetings
- 2 L3 Subteam Agenda
- 2.1 Announcements
- 2.2 L3 Vendor plugins (pcm)
- 2.3 Blueprint: l3-high-availability (safchain)
- 2.4 Blueprint: bgp-dynamic-routing (nextone92)
- 2.5 Blueprint: rootwrap-daemon-mode (ajo, YorikSar)
- 2.6 L3 Agent
- 2.7 Blueprint: neutron-ovs-dvr (Swami)
- 2.8 DNS Lookup of Instances (carl_baldwin)
- 2.9 Open Discussion
- 2.10 Meeting Commands
- Weekly on Thursday at 1500 UTC
- IRC channel:
- Chair: Carl Baldwin (carl_baldwin)
Logs and Minutes
Meetings, with their notes and logs, will be found under http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/neutron_l3
L3 Subteam Agenda
- Deadline to submit summit design topics is April 20th.
- In general, I encourage you to add your action items. Please feel free. Look up meetbot for commands that you can use during the meeting.
- Example: #action carl_baldwin will get something specific done this week.
L3 Vendor plugins (pcm)
- Blueprints: l3-svcs-vendor-validation, l3-svcs-vendor-client-cap, l3-svcs-vendor-status-report
- Gerrit Topics: None
This is a new topic for April 17th's meeting.
Blueprint: l3-high-availability (safchain)
- Blueprints: * l3-high-availability, l3-high-availability active/active
- Gerrit Topics: bp/l3-high-availability
The contact for this blueprint is Sylvain Afchain
Reviewing HA Router Functionality
There are some relationships between the reviews.
After reading the blueprint, a good starting place for review is the Add L3 VRRP HA base classes review. It does not have any dependencies and adds the framework. It creates the HA management network and ports, adds database support, etc. After that, there are two patches to be reviewed. They are mostly independent of each other.
Finally, the Add HA support to the l3 agent review seems to pull them all together.
Testing HA Router Functionality
Blueprint: bgp-dynamic-routing (nextone92)
- Blueprints: bgp-dynamic-routing
- Gerrit Topics: No code yet
I wrote a document with a description of dynamic routing use cases. Please review this document and comment to the team about the usefulness of these use cases.
Blueprint: rootwrap-daemon-mode (ajo, YorikSar)
While not strictly an L3 topic, the subteam has been discussing this etherpad which affects the L3 agent.
Multiple Subnets on External Network
Let's start a discussion about making multiple subnets work on an external network. What are the issues. How to move forward.
Other possibly relevant blueprints
Blueprint: neutron-ovs-dvr (Swami)
- Blueprints: neutron-ovs-dvr, DVR-L2-Agent Blueprint, DVR-L3-Agent Blueprint, decentralized-snat
- Gerrit Topics: bp/neutron-ovs-dvr
Distributed-Virtual-Router meetings are still on-going.
DNS Lookup of Instances (carl_baldwin)
- Blueprints: Coming Soon (in legal review)
- Gerrit Topics: None
Here is some background about this blueprint.
- Fix DNS resolution of instance hostnames (Bug #1175211)
- Enable DNS resolution externally (IRC Discussion)