- 1 Meetings
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Sub-team Charter
- 4 Bugs
- 5 Routing Network Segments
- 6 bgp-dynamic-routing
- 7 neutron-ipam
- 8 ML3 Router plugin
- 9 dns-resolution
- 10 Address Scopes
- 11 IPv6 Prefix Delegation
- 12 IPv6
- 13 Other Blueprints
- Weekly on Thursday at 1500 UTC
- IRC channel:
- Chair: Carl Baldwin (carl_baldwin)
- Meetings, with their notes and logs, will be found under http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/neutron_l3
A related meeting is the DVR meeting on Wednesdays at 1500 UTC
May 12th, 2016
- Bugs (all bugs Tagged with l3-ipam-dhcp, all bugs tagged with l3-dvr-backlog)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1543094 [Pluggable IPAM] DB exceeded retry limit (RetryRequest) on create_router call
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1564335 [Pluggable IPAM] delete subnet in ml2 plugin does not comply with pluggable ipam (deletes ip allocations directly from db)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1566383 The creation fip does not endure restarting of l3-agent
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1572474 [Pluggable IPAM] Deadlock on simultaneous update subnet and ip allocation from subnet
- Routed network segments:
- Spec: Routed Networks https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225384/
- Nova spec: Neutron Routed Networks https://review.openstack.org/#/c/263898/
- Mail thread: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg58876.html
- RFE https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1458890
- Proposed devref https://review.openstack.org/#/c/196812/
- BGP dynamic routing
- Open discussion
#action carl_baldwin will get something specific done this week <br /> ...<br /> <br /> <nowiki>#endmeeting
Develops and Maintains L3 related components of Neutron.
Team Charter for Liberty
- [IPAM] Support pluggable external IPAM
- [Dynamic Routing] Integrate dynamic routing (with BGP implementation) with Neutron (not BGP/MPLS)
- [DNS] Reconcile the DNS name of instances between Nova and Neutron. Once this is achieved, integrate Designate and Neutron
- [Address Scopes] Implement Address Scopes as a first level abstraction in Neutron to improve the management or routable IPv4 and IPv6 ranges
- [Network Segments] Add concept of L3 routed network segments (needs more definition)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1494114 - Bad router request: Router already has a port on subnet
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1404743 sporadic test failures due to VMs not getting a DHCP lease
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1469322 Associating a floatingip with a dual stack port requires the fixed-address to be specified
- Bugs Marked with at Least High Importance
- All Bugs Tagged with l3-ipam-dhcp
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1475093 l3_db updates port db without calling l2 plugin: this bug is blocking ML2 mechanism driver
Routing Network Segments
|RFE||Routing Network Segments|
Superseded spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/88619/
|Specifications||dynamic routing use cases,|
List of patches under review. Under each sub-heading, I recommend reviewing the patches in the order listed.
Is worth to mention that Dynamic Routing spec is being re-designed for Kilo and some entities and concepts can change.
Juno Design Summit: Etherpad
|Specifications||neutron-ipam subnet-allocation ipv6-prefix-delegation reference-ipam-driver|
ML3 Router plugin
- collecting use cases https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/neutron-modular-l3-router-plugin-use-cases
- blueprint https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/l3-plugin-for-routervm
- spec https://review.openstack.org/#/c/105078/
- RFE https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1461133
This work is being resumed for Liberty.
|Specifications||internal-dns-resolution, internal-dns-resolution-nova, external-dns-resolution|
|Gerrit Topics||bp/internal-dns-resolution, bp/external-dns-resolution|
IPv6 Prefix Delegation
Re-proposed and approved for Liberty. Code and documentaion on gerrit for review.
Patches out for review, in order of precedence:
The status of IPV6 under Neutron as of the end of Kilo is summarized here: IPv6 Manual. Please feel free to correct any mistakes or add missing information.
Currently, IPv6 Tempest tests are being beefed up:
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1401726 Tempest IPv6 scenario tests use IPv4 and floating IPs to connect and test
Bugs which need discussion:
- https://launchpad.net/bugs/1460720 bug 1460720 Move ipv6_gateway L3 config to CLI
Distributed-Virtual-Router meetings are still on-going.
Need to keep an eye on the DVR tempest failure rate. This job is experimental but we hope to make it voting soon. It should have a similar failure rate to the full non-dvr tempest job.
|Bugs||Bugs In Progress|
This work is currently inactive while we work on DVR and a few other priorities.
Blueprint: l3 plugin for routervm/modular l3 router plugin
This work will be resumed for Liberty. The blueprint will be updated for Liberty soon.
Need to discuss
- repository: in neutron or stackforge for Liberty?
- reference implementation
- config agent