- 1 Meetings
- 2 Agenda
- 2.1 Meeting August 3rd, 2016
- 2.2 Topics for Discussion
- 2.2.1 Bugs (Swami)
- 188.8.131.52 New Bugs this week
- 184.108.40.206 Categorized Bugs
- 220.127.116.11 Gate Test Failures
- 18.104.22.168 RFE
- 22.214.171.124 Existing Functionality Broken Bugs
- 126.96.36.199 Scale and Performance Impact Bugs
- 188.8.131.52 New Features Bugs
- 184.108.40.206 Refactor or Cleanup Bugs
- 220.127.116.11 WishList Bugs
- 18.104.22.168 WatchList Bugs
- 22.214.171.124 Bugs Closed Recently
- 2.2.2 Performance/Scalability
- 2.2.3 Gate failures (haleyb)
- 2.2.4 Stable backports (haleyb)
- 2.2.5 Open Discussion
- 2.2.1 Bugs (Swami)
- 2.3 Meeting commands
- Weekly on Wednesday at 1500 UTC
- IRC channel:
- Chair: Brian Haley (haleyb), Swaminathan Vasudevan (Swami)
- Meetings, with their notes and logs, will be found under http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/neutron_dvr
Meeting August 3rd, 2016
- When adding items below I'd like to try to get feedback on whether they are a MUST FIX, SHOULD FIX, or GOOD TO HAVE
Topics for Discussion
All DVR bugs should be tagged and listed here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bugs?field.tag=l3-dvr-backlog
New Bugs this week
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1602320 (SHOULD FIX) - Keepalive process kill vrrp child process with l3/dvr/ha
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1606741 (SHOULD FIX) - Metadata error with dvr_snat on compute hosts.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1602794 (MUST FIX) - Itemallocator class can throw a ValueError
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1602614 (MUST FIX) - DVR+L3 HA Loss during failover is higher (Need to triage)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1597461 (MUST FIX) - Two masters after reboot of controller when HA enabled. Also seen with DVR
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1593354 (MUST FIX) - SNAT HA failed due to missing NAT rule and sg- interface. (May be a duplicate)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1596473 (MUST FIX) - Packet loss with DVR and IPv6 (Need to triage)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1506567 (SHOULD FIX) - No information from metering agent
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1599287 (MUST FIX) - Cleanup of ip rule and tables for stale snat
Gate Test Failures
More Functional test failures seen in Gate.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1563879 (RFE)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1557290 (RFE)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1577488 (RFE)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1583694 (RFE) (This RFE may not move forward in the newton time frame, but we might have further discussion during the mid-cycle meetup)
Existing Functionality Broken Bugs
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1590041 (SHOULD-FIX) - Regression, snat_namespace object creation ahead of time does not solve some external_gateway_update condition.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1583266 (SHOULD FIX) - watch_log_file=True causes fip to slow down. Symptom seen more with DVR routers.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1585165 (SHOULD FIX) - Floating ip not reachable after VM live migration (Seen in Liberty with DVR) - Seems to me like a duplicate but should triage it more on the symptoms.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1571676 (MUST FIX) - Static routes not added to FloatingIP Namespace.
- This approach can't really work because adding a static route in the FIP namespace for one tenant could impact traffic for another tenant.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1564776 - (MUST FIX) (Snat Namespace error when namespace deleted)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1564757 - (MUST FIX) (FloatingIPError while agent restarts)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1526855 - (SHOULD FIX) (Metadata error)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1541406 - IPv6 Prefix Delegation does not work with DVR (SHOULD FIX)
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/277657/ (Patch) - Needs update to create a better abstraction that allows clients to get the namespace for the right part of the router.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1456073 (High) - Block Migration with FIP breaks with DVR (MUST FIX)
- https://review.openstack.org/275073 (Nova side change) - Needs review
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/286855/ (Tempest change) - Needs work - must merge before Nova patch
- https://review.openstack.org/275420 (Merged) - Neutron Server side DVR change
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/260738/ (Merged) - L3 Agent side patch
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1414559 (OVS drops RARP packets)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1557290 - (MUST FIX) DVR FIP agent gateway does not pass traffic directed at fixed IP
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1447227 (Low) - Connecting two or more distributed routers to a subnet. (No one is working on it) (GOOD TO HAVE)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1552070 (GOOD TO HAVE) - Functional test changes to address dual stack for DVR
Scale and Performance Impact Bugs
New Features Bugs
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1557290 (SHOULD FIX) - DVR not able to forward traffic to private IP from FIP namespace
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1504039 - LinuxBridge DVR (Spec & code)
Refactor or Cleanup Bugs
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1531065 - (Low) duplicate fetch subnet_id in get_subnet_for_dvr (GOOD TO HAVE)
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/263563/ - (Needs review)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1538369 - Refactor request (Not a real bug)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1518819 - Ability to specify a gateway when adding a subnet without cidr (GOOD TO HAVE)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1529439 - unify validate_agent_router_combination exceptions for dvr agent_mode (GOOD TO HAVE)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1450067 (Low) - ML2 and L3 plugin exposes dvr extension even if ovs is unused. (No owners yet) (GOOD TO HAVE)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1444014 (Incomplete) (StaleDataError) - on Watch
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1521815 (Low)- (DVR functional Job failure) - on Watch state
Bugs Closed Recently
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1599089 (MUST FIX) - Floatingip move within the same node does not handle fixed ip properly
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1597561 (MUST FIX) - Occurences of Duplicate fg port in fip namespace
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1569918 (MUST FIX) (Allowed_address_pair delayed FIP association)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1462154 (With DVR Pings to floating IPs replied with fixed-ips if VMs are on the same network)
- https://review.openstack.org/246855 (Merged) (Reverted)
Gate failures (haleyb)
- Current failure rate: https://goo.gl/L1WODG
- Upstream multinode job failures seen, root cause identified.
- Check job failures more than 50% under investigation.
- Functional test failures seen in the Check queue, root cause yet to be identified.
- Single node check job failure rates are more when compared to neutron full job.
- Multi-node check job failure rate have gone up from last week
- Old bug to help in debugging the gate
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1515360 - Tempest "SSHTimeout" failures (only for debugging)
Stable backports (haleyb)
Ihar created a page tracking all the potential backports from Mitaka to the stable releases. I have been going through it with the help of Swami to get stable/liberty, well, more stable. Bugs are removed from list as they merge.
We need to continue to be aggressive at proactively backporting fixes to the stable branches
This is a list of bugs with a fix that has been committed to the master branch, and are tagged with 'neutron-proactive-backport-potential+l3-dvr-backlog' (the wiki thinks the link is spam so I had to put a space in it)
- https://goo. gl/sx0KL5
Need to escalate the nova patch for the live migration. Since we have the tempest test running right now, we need someone from the nova team to take a look at the nova live migration patch.
#action haleyb will get something specific done this week