Difference between revisions of "Meetings/Neutron-DVR"
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
=== Announcements (haleyb) ===
=== Announcements (haleyb) ===
* Mitaka 2 is
* Mitaka 2 is week
=== Topics for Discussion ===
=== Topics for Discussion ===
Revision as of 14:33, 13 January 2016
- 1 Meetings
- 2 Agenda
- 2.1 Meeting January 13th, 2016
- 2.2 Topic: Live Migration issues with DVR (Swami)
- 2.3 New Bugs this week
- 2.4 Categorized Bugs
- 2.5 Gate Test Failures
- 2.6 Existing Functionality Broken Bugs
- 2.7 Scale and Performance Impact Bugs
- 2.8 New Features Bugs
- 2.9 Refactor or Cleanup Bugs
- 2.10 WishList Bugs
- 2.11 WatchList Bugs
- 2.12 Meeting commands
- Weekly on Wednesday at 1500 UTC
- IRC channel:
- Chair: Brian Haley (haleyb), Swaminathan Vasudevan (Swami)
- Meetings, with their notes and logs, will be found under http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/neutron_dvr
Meeting January 13th, 2016
- Mitaka 2 is next week
Topics for Discussion
Topic: Live Migration issues with DVR (Swami)
- We have started a discussion on the live migration issue with DVR and how to address it from the neutron side. As a team we need to get consensus on this ideas before we work with the Nova team on this issue. I would like to discuss this today in our team meeting to get
everyone on the same page.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1456073 ( discussion thread)
- Any updates - Are we all in sync with nova-neutron notifier requirement and also with the changes proposed for the neutron side to address the live migration.
New Bugs this week
- No New Bugs this week.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1512199 - (Medium) This bug has been confirmed and re-opened this week.
Seen in Master branch as well - probably introduced do to regression.
Gate Test Failures
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1522824 (High) - Test_shelve_instance test failure.
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/253569/ - Set PENDING_BUILD status for ports after update in DB - needs another +2
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1450604 (Medium) - Fix or stabilize Multinode Job
Existing Functionality Broken Bugs
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1456073 (High) - Block Migration with FIP breaks with DVR.
- related bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1414559 with fixes:
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1462154 (High) - DVR pings to floatingip replied with fixed ips.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1445255 (Low) - DVR Floatingip to unbound port does not work (Allowed address pair).
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/254439/ ( Needs review)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1499785 (Low) - Static routes are not added to the router namespace
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1499787 (Low) - Static routes are added to snat namespace without checking for gateway.
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/228026/ ( reviewed - final comments addressed)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1447227 (Low) - Connecting two or more distributed routers to a subnet. ( No one is working on it)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1510796 (Low) - Function sync_routers always calls get_dvr_sync_data in ha scenario.
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239908/ ( Needs review)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1424096 (Undecided) - Oleg has a patch for this bug.
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/257938/ - ( Patch in merge conflict - reviewed)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1530179 -(Medium) get_subnet_for_dvr() returns wrong gateway mac
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/262574/ - ( Needs review)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1526175 (Medium) - L3 HA routers end up in DVR Node (medium)
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/265499/ - (Needs review)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1524908 ( Undecided -May be a Low)- Router may be removed from SNAT agent by accident.
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/257849/ (Needs review)
Scale and Performance Impact Bugs
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1505575 Fatal memory consumption by neutron-server with DVR at scale
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/234067/ (sync in chunks)
New Features Bugs
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1365473 (High) - (DVR SNAT HA - Server Side) (Should change this to HIGH) Right now it is WishList.
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/143169/ (Needs core blessings)
Refactor or Cleanup Bugs
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1531065 - (Low) duplicate fetch subnet_id in get_subnet_for_dvr
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/263563/ - (Needs review)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1504039 (Linux bridge support for DVR)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1518819 - Ability to specify a gateway when adding a subnet without cidr
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1529439 - unify validate_agent_router_combination exceptions for dvr agent_mode
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1450067 (Low) - ML2 and L3 plugin exposes dvr extension even if ovs is unused. (No owners yet).
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1444014 (Incomplete) (StaleDataError) - on Watch
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1521815 (Low)- (DVR functional Job failure) - on Watch state
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1508869 (Low) - handle port host change (live migration) - Done ( Can be closed)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1524020 (Medium) - DVR ARP update call count can be reduced. - Done ( Can be closed)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1524291 (Low) - Code duplication - Done (Can be closed)
Discuss a plan to address the gate failures
- Current failure rate: https://goo.gl/L1WODG
- Single node check job voting
- Debug the gate in the current failure state (Identify owners who can own this)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1515360 - Tempest "SSHTimeout" failures
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/247748/ (add debugging code to l3-agent) - Still pings are not consistent with the tempest.
- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4kh-7VVPWlPMkdrQWFFdjNsSnM/view?usp=sharing - Logstash failures captured. Any logstash errors can be captured here.
#action haleyb will get something specific done this week