This page tracks ML2 meeting information.
Agenda Wednesday 10-16-2013
Meeting Today (10-30-2013)
- Icehouse Design Summit Sessions for ML2
- Link for All Neutron Summit Sessions: http://icehousedesignsummit.sched.org/overview/type/neutron#.Um_LqGRATvG
- ML2 Sessions Etherpads:
- Extensibility of ML2 (Wednesday 4:40PM): https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ML2_Extensibility
- ML2 QoS and Deprecated Plugin Migration (Wednesday 5:30PM): https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/neutron-qos-hk and https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ML2_Deprecated_Plugin_Migration
- ML2 Multiple Backend Support (Friday 9:50AM)
- ML2 Mechanism Drivers and Modular Agents (Friday 1:30PM)
- devstack ML2 patches
- Need to focus on this now
- Documentation BP link: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/neutron-ml2-docs
- ML2 documentation bugs link: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs?field.tag=ml2
- Need to document ML3 with ML2
- Testing and bug fixes
- Testing of ML2 by everyone would be appreciated
- We need to find and fix any bugs in the next couple of weeks
- Icehouse Design Summit Topic ideas
- RPC handling in ML2 for Type and Mechanism Drivers
- More extensible TypeDrivers for controller-based MechanismDrivers
- Monolithic Plugin vs. ML2 MechanismDriver - current and future plugins
- Future Directions for ML2 (orchestration, deployment, management, ...)
- Migration from deprecated Plugins (openvswitch, linuxbridge) to ML2 - automation?
- Add support for VXLAN multicast to the OVS agent with newer versions of OVS and Linux kernel.
- Multi-segment provider network implementations in MechanismDrivers, specifically OVS.
- Additional provider network attributes for controller-based plugins such as ODL for networks created outside of Neutron.
Icehouse ML2 work for reference
- ML2 TypeDriver Extra Port Info
- Campus Network Blueprint and ML2 integration
- OpenDaylight Driver
Previous Meeting Logs
- Available here: ML2 Meeting Logs
General ML2 Information
Here are the current ml2-specific blueprints for havana:
These tunnel-related blueprints effect the openvswitch and/or linuxbridge agents, and the features should also (or exclusively) be supported (using both agents simultaneously where applicable) by the ml2 plugin:
These blueprints involve the ml2 MechanismDriver API: