This page tracks ML2 meeting information.
Agenda Wednesday 09-04-2013
- Reviews which are left:
- Multiprovider API support: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43569/
- Cisco Nexus MD: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43196/
- L2 Population MD: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/41136/
- PXE Boot for ML2: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/44564/
- Modular L3 (L3 routing plugin): https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20693/
- Improve VIF attributes: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/21946/
- Anything else?
Post H3 Review Items
- ML2 Documentation
- Need to start on this after the H3 flurry is done.
- devstack ML2 usage
- Need to start on this
- Need to update the ML2 wiki page
Havana Blueprint Discussions are the Focus Today
BP implementation proposal deadline was last Friday. BP implementation merge deadline is end-of-day next Tuesday, August 3rd. Are the BP implementations in review on-track to be merged? Are there dependencies between them? Are they getting reviewed and updated?
- Enable GRE and VXLAN with the same ID
- IMPORTANT - requires updating mechanism drivers to access Context properties without "()"
Currently in review for H-3:
- Update very soon with nits fixed, rebased on ml2-mechanism-driver-subnet-calls
- Remaining items:
- DB migration
- Common base class for agent-based mechanism drivers
- Add agents-db to hyperv agent
- Binding ports of DHCP, L3, etc. agents needs host-id - have agents set in create_port() vs. map from agent-id using agents-db?
- Various TODOs and REVISITs
- Needs reviews before mestery returns
- Arista Driver
- Review items to discuss:
- Initial version of the driver only supports single segment and single physical network
- Redundant DB fields facilitating Neutron/EOS sync
- Port binding integration: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1215097
- README and wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Arista-neutron-ml2-driver
- Cisco Nexus Driver
- Needs updated patch - unit test failures, rebase
- Tail-f NCS
- Two minor nits in latest update, needs rebase
- PXI boot ports
- Should add extension to ml2 as well as openvswitch?
- ML2 devstack with additional MechanismDrivers:
- Documentation BP
Icehouse ML2 work for reference
- ML2 TypeDriver Extra Port Info
- Campus Network Blueprint and ML2 integration
- OVS L2 Population
- OpenDaylight Driver
Previous Meeting Logs
- Available here: ML2 Meeting Logs
General ML2 Information
Here are the current ml2-specific blueprints for havana:
These tunnel-related blueprints effect the openvswitch and/or linuxbridge agents, and the features should also (or exclusively) be supported (using both agents simultaneously where applicable) by the ml2 plugin:
These blueprints involve the ml2 MechanismDriver API: