Weekly Ironic Project Team Meeting
If you're interested in bare metal deployments within OpenStack, please join our weekly discussion about the Ironic project! Meetings are held in the
#openstack-meeting-3 room on
irc.freenode.net, and are chaired by Devananda or Chris Krelle (NobodyCam).
The Meeting time alternates between 1700 UTC on Monday and 0500 UTC on Tuesday, to accomodate contributors from around the world. The next meeting is scheduled for April 6th, 2015 (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150606T1700).
NOTE: Meeting time is UTC based and may need to be adjusted based on local time zone changes, eg. as a result of daylight savings, which changes on different days in different countries.
A Google Calendar for the meeting is here: Google Calendar
The meeting format has recently changed. As before, anyone is welcome to add topics to the agenda, however topics should be posted at least two (2) days before the meeting, and should include the IRC handle of the proposer and a link to further information. This gives everyone time to review any material ahead of time so we can use the meeting time for actual discussion.
- Example topic: (devananda) Let's talk about zebras. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra
Agenda for next meeting
- Devananda: Off Thursday and Friday of this week
- Announcements / Reminders
- Feature freeze in effect -- https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/FeatureFreeze
- RC-1 Goal this Thursday April 9th
- Dmitry: DevStack plugin for ironic-discoverd for those interested: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DiscoverdDevStack
- Review subteam status reports (capped at ten minutes)
- RC1 status check. Goal is April 9. https://launchpad.net/ironic/+milestone/kilo-rc1
- Please review bugs, target to RC if they need to be tracked by release team.
- Drivers - Drivers page (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Ironic/Drivers) needs to be updated so we have an accurate listing
- Documentation - review what needs to be completed to ensure documentation accuracy
- track work on LP, coordinate as needed on https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicReviewDay
- Bug Squash - Bugs for RC1 are growing. Can we set a day this week to do a bug squash.
- RC1 issues needing discussion
- Open Discussion
(stendulker) Grub2 as a alternate bootloader. It can co-exist with elilo (default). Have raised a review integrating grub2 bootloader. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/166192/