Weekly Ironic Project Team Meeting
If you're interested in bare metal deployments with OpenStack, please join us. This meeting is where we'll talk about the Ironic project, an evolution of the Nova Baremetal driver. Anyone is welcome to add items to the agenda below, or bring up their topic during the open discussion at the end of each meeting.
Meetings are held in the
#openstack-meeting room on
irc.freenode.net at 19:00 UTC on Mondays, and chaired by either Devananda or NobodyCam. The next meeting is scheduled for April 21th, 2014 (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140421T1900).
The related TripleO project has its team meeting on Tuesday at the same time, in the #openstack-meeting-alt room.
Agenda for next meeting
- Discuss summit proposals Then do anything else, if we have time....
- Discuss if should we adopt a blueprint design process
- Ongoing integration & testing work
- Open Discussion:
- Functional/Integration testing of vendor drivers (Tempest?)
- Driver architecture for Chassis object (Allow vendors to define behavior for the Chassis object like Auto node discovery etc)
- Console support: using utils.execute will cause this function to hang because the processutils.execute method doesn't support running tasks in background. Different ways to resolve this.
- Top-level vendor passthru implementation and best way to approach it: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/81919/
- Disk partitioner: sfdisk vs parted (sfdisk doesn't understand the GUID Partition Table (GPT) format and it is not designed for large partitions.)
- How to merge large amount of tests refactoring review requests? These include at least: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Nearly any change to tests break some or all of these review requests, so it seems hard to finish and merge them without stopping approving other changes for a while.
- Do we need lvm support in agent? Some notes https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ironic-disk-partitioning
- Hardware discovery extension for agent. blueprint