Weekly Ironic Project Team Meeting
If you're interested in bare metal deployments with OpenStack, please join us. This meeting is where we'll talk about the Ironic project, an evolution of the Nova Baremetal driver. Anyone is welcome to add items to the agenda below, or bring up their topic during the open discussion at the end of each meeting.
Meetings are held in the
#openstack-meeting room on
irc.freenode.net at 19:00 UTC on Mondays, and chaired by either Devananda or NobodyCam. The next meeting is scheduled for January 13th, 2014 (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140113T1900).
The related TripleO project has its team meeting on Tuesday at the same time, in the #openstack-meeting-alt room.
Agenda for next meeting
- Greeting, roll-call and announcements.
- Welcome back from the holidays!
- Icehouse release progress // graduation?
- Regular Topics:
- Open Discussion:
- Using an intent/two-phase lock or a thread to solve the race condition problem when setting node's power state (intent: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/65327; thread: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/66368; two-phase lock: comment #8 at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1259910)
- Dict-like behavior should be removed or stay (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/64336)
- Tempest integration tests mostly duplicate our API unit tests. Maybe better to left only basic API coverage (CRUD without negative cases) and focus on complicated scenarios?
- Seamicro proposing SM15K product drivers for Ironic (Power, Vendor passthru, Network, Storage, PXE)