Weekly Ironic Project Team Meeting
If you're interested in bare metal deployments within OpenStack, please join our weekly discussion about the Ironic project! The one-hour weekly meetings start at 1500 UTC on Mondays (as of March 26, 2018), are held in the
#openstack-ironic room on
irc.freenode.net, and are chaired by Julia Kreger (TheJulia) or Dmitry Tantsur (dtantsur).
NOTE: Meeting time is UTC based and may need to be adjusted based on local time zone changes, eg. as a result of daylight savings, which changes on different days in different countries.
Anyone is welcome to add topics to the agenda. However, topics should be posted at least two (2) days before the meeting to give folks time to get context, and should include the IRC handle of the proposer and a link to further information. This gives everyone time to review any material ahead of time so we can use the meeting time for actual discussion. Requests to have a patch reviewed should not be a topic and instead should be covered during the Open Discussion portion of the meeting.
- Example topic: (devananda) Let's talk about zebras. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra
Meetings are held weekly. If one is cancelled, it will either be mentioned in the previous meeting or an email will be sent out to the openstack-discuss mailing list.
Agenda for next meeting
- Announcements / Reminder
- This week is R-9 for OpenStack's Wallaby release. R-6 is non-client library freeze. R-5 is client library/requirements freeze.
- Our second project sprint is due to end this week with our next release.
- We started review jams this week. Next review jam is Tomorrow! ?6PM UTC?
- We should be releasing this week if we can.
- Review action items from previous meeting: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ironic/2021/
- Review subteam status reports (capped at ten minutes)
- Deciding on priorities for the coming week
- Discussion (Requests to have your patch reviewed should not be a 'Discussion' topic. If desired, please discuss during 'Open Discussion')
- [dtantsur] A new project for useful deploy steps?
- [iurygregory] Hashtags - let's try to define what tags we should use
- [iurygregory] Backport Candidate lable - community or only cores?
- Baremetal SIG (https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/bare-metal-sig)
- This week: Dtantsur will be presenting on deploy steps!
- Channel with videos of previous presentations now availaible from #link https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKqaoAnDyfgoBFAjUvZGjKXQjogWZBLL_
- RFE review
- Open discussion
Each Monday and Tuesday - Items permitting
- Mondays: 2:00 PM UTC to - 2:50 PM UTC
- Tuesdays: 6:00 PM UTC to 6:50 PM UTC
We shall use meetpad (https://meetpad.opendev.org/ironic), and if that fails us, we'll figure it out.
See #openstack-ironic IRC if nobody is around or if the agenda is not up to date. Maybe something has other items they would like to jam on!
- Secure RBAC - Week of February 8th
- Ironic https://review.opendev.org/q/project:openstack/ironic-specs+topic:secure-rbac
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/q/project:openstack/ironic+topic:secure-rbac
- First patch to start with: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic/+/768136
- Configuration Molds - Week of February 15th.