Weekly Ironic Project Team Meeting
If you're interested in bare metal deployments within OpenStack, please join our weekly discussion about the Ironic project! The one-hour weekly meetings start at 1500 UTC on Mondays (as of March 26, 2018), are held in the
#openstack-ironic room on
irc.freenode.net, and are chaired by Julia Kreger (TheJulia) or Dmitry Tantsur (dtantsur).
NOTE: Meeting time is UTC based and may need to be adjusted based on local time zone changes, eg. as a result of daylight savings, which changes on different days in different countries.
Anyone is welcome to add topics to the agenda. However, topics should be posted at least two (2) days before the meeting to give folks time to get context, and should include the IRC handle of the proposer and a link to further information. This gives everyone time to review any material ahead of time so we can use the meeting time for actual discussion. Requests to have a patch reviewed should not be a topic and instead should be covered during the Open Discussion portion of the meeting.
- Example topic: (devananda) Let's talk about zebras. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra
Meetings are held weekly. If one is cancelled, it will either be mentioned in the previous meeting or an email will be sent out to the openstack-discuss mailing list.
Agenda for next meeting
- Announcements / Reminder
- CFP is open for the Forum - https://cfp.openstack.org
- Doodle regarding kexec - https://doodle.com/poll/ihbbtns36b2rkhfd
- Ironic has been submitted for Boston University's open source mentoring program - Generally focused on kexec+long running agents but open to needs of the scientific community.
- Please self-triage your bugs! https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/latest/contributor/bugs.html#triaging-guide
- Review action items from previous meeting: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ironic/2020/
- Review subteam status reports (capped at ten minutes)
- Deciding on priorities for the coming week
- Discussion (Requests to have your patch reviewed should not be a 'Discussion' topic. If desired, please discuss during 'Open Discussion')
- vPTG time slots? (https://ethercalc.openstack.org/7xp2pcbh1ncb) We need to have the slots selected by the 11th.
- raid_config behavior contract - Making the behavior non-destructive changes only.
- In relation to Dell's configuration mold feature - See discussion starting at: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-ironic/%23openstack-ironic.2020-09-02.log.html#t2020-09-02T22:27:47
- In other words, if a raid configuration is deleted, only delete that configuration present in the raid_config and not modify/touch other configurations.
- Baremetal SIG
- Doodle for regualr meeting slot https://doodle.com/poll/3hpypw73455t2g24
- RFE review
- https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2008113 Make node.automated_clean work in both directions
- Open discussion