Weekly Ironic Project Team Meeting
If you're interested in bare metal deployments within OpenStack, please join our weekly discussion about the Ironic project! The one-hour weekly meetings start at 1500 UTC on Mondays (as of March 26, 2018), are held in the
#openstack-ironic room on
ircs://irc.oftc.net:6697, and are chaired by Julia Kreger (TheJulia), Dmitry Tantsur (dtantsur), Riccardo Pittau (rpittau) or Iury Gregory (iurygregory).
NOTE: Meeting time is UTC based and may need to be adjusted based on local time zone changes, eg. as a result of daylight savings, which changes on different days in different countries.
Anyone is welcome to add topics to the agenda. However, topics should be posted at least two (2) days before the meeting to give folks time to get context, and should include the IRC handle of the proposer and a link to further information. This gives everyone time to review any material ahead of time so we can use the meeting time for actual discussion. Requests to have a patch reviewed should not be a topic and instead should be covered during the Open Discussion portion of the meeting.
- Example topic: (devananda) Let's talk about zebras. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra
Meetings are held weekly. If one is cancelled, it will either be mentioned in the previous meeting or an email will be sent out to the openstack-discuss mailing list.
Agenda for next meeting
- Announcements / Reminder
- Xena-2 is on 15 July
- This week is the release of Sprint 1
- Review action items from previous meeting: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ironic/2021/
- Review subteam status reports (capped at ten minutes)
- Deciding on priorities for the coming week
- Discussion (Requests to have your patch reviewed should not be a 'Discussion' topic. If desired, please discuss during 'Open Discussion')
- Baremetal SIG (https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/bare-metal-sig)
- RFE review
- Open discussion
- (arne_wiebalck) "Node pairing" suggestion for network burn-in in https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2007523
- Who is going to run the next meeting?
Each Monday and Tuesday - Items permitting
- Mondays: 2:00 PM UTC to - 2:50 PM UTC
- Tuesdays: 5:00 PM UTC to 5:50 PM UTC
We shall use meetpad (https://meetpad.opendev.org/ironic), and if that fails us, we'll figure it out.
See #openstack-ironic IRC if nobody is around or if the agenda is not up to date. Maybe something has other items they would like to jam on!
- May 24th 2021
- Secure RBAC node santiziation performance fixes (TheJulia): https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic/+/790142
- DBAPI: Only return requested fields (TheJulia): https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic/+/792274
- May 25th 2021
- Event Subscription Spec https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic-specs/+/785742 (iurygregory)
- EventService support in sushy https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/sushy/+/792053 (iurygregory)
- Object layer performance enhancement: Only handle the list of fields (TheJulia) https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic/+/792275
- API object to fields with a node list: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic/+/792296
- May 31th, June 1st
- June 7th
- Refactor iDRAC OEM extension manager calls https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic/+/792088
- June 8th
- June 14th, 15th
- June 21th, 22th
- June 28th, 29th