Weekly Ironic Project Team Meeting
If you're interested in bare metal deployments within OpenStack, please join our weekly discussion about the Ironic project! The one-hour weekly meetings start at 1500 UTC on Mondays (as of March 26, 2018), are held in the
#openstack-ironic room on
irc.freenode.net, and are chaired by Julia Kreger (TheJulia) or Dmitry Tantsur (dtantsur).
NOTE: Meeting time is UTC based and may need to be adjusted based on local time zone changes, eg. as a result of daylight savings, which changes on different days in different countries.
Anyone is welcome to add topics to the agenda. However, topics should be posted at least two (2) days before the meeting to give folks time to get context, and should include the IRC handle of the proposer and a link to further information. This gives everyone time to review any material ahead of time so we can use the meeting time for actual discussion. Requests to have a patch reviewed should not be a topic and instead should be covered during the Open Discussion portion of the meeting.
- Example topic: (devananda) Let's talk about zebras. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra
Meetings are held weekly. If one is cancelled, it will either be mentioned in the previous meeting or an email will be sent out to the openstack-discuss mailing list.
Agenda for next meeting
- Announcements / Reminder
- Breaking changes in pip, test-requirements not installed in devstack anymore http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-March/013642.html
- Ussuri release Upcoming Deadlines & Dates
- Non-client library freeze: April 2 (R-6 week)
- Client library freeze: April 9 (R-5 week)
- Ussuri-3 milestone: April 9 (R-5 week)
- Cycle Highlights Due: April 9 (R-5 week)
- Review action items from previous meeting: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ironic/2020/
- Review subteam status reports (capped at ten minutes)
- Deciding on priorities for the coming week
- Discussion (Requests to have your patch reviewed should not be a 'Discussion' topic. If desired, please discuss during 'Open Discussion')
- (rpittau?) issue with ovmf from bionic native package https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/edk2/+bug/1821729
- (dtantsur) proposal to make ironic a top-level opendev project: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-April/013757.html
- Baremetal SIG
- RFE review
- Open discussion: