Weekly Ironic Project Team Meeting
If you're interested in bare metal deployments within OpenStack, please join our weekly discussion about the Ironic project! The one-hour weekly meetings start at 1700 UTC on Mondays, are held in the
#openstack-meeting-3 room on
irc.freenode.net, and are chaired by Dmitry Tantsur (dtantsur), Jim Rollenhagen (jroll), and Julia Kreger (TheJulia).
NOTE: Meeting time is UTC based and may need to be adjusted based on local time zone changes, eg. as a result of daylight savings, which changes on different days in different countries.
Anyone is welcome to add topics to the agenda. However, topics should be posted at least two (2) days before the meeting to give folks time to get context, and should include the IRC handle of the proposer and a link to further information. This gives everyone time to review any material ahead of time so we can use the meeting time for actual discussion. Requests to have a patch reviewed should not be a topic and instead should be covered during the Open Discussion portion of the meeting.
- Example topic: (devananda) Let's talk about zebras. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra
The next meeting will be on March 13, 2017 at 1700 UTC (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170313T1700).
Agenda for next meeting
- Announcements / Reminders
- Reminder about https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-adopt-a-project-pike
- Review subteam status reports (capped at ten minutes)
- Deciding on priorities for the coming week
- Stuck specs for current and potential priorities
- Appointing a bug liaison for the next week
- Specs that are stuck on contentious items. (This is NOT for specs that are stuck because they aren't getting reviews.)
- Discussion (Requests to have your patch reviewed should not be a 'Discussion' topic. If desired, please discuss during 'Open Discussion')
- (rloo) Boston summit/forum brainstorming: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-March/113115.html
- (soliosg) Impressions about third party CI gate jobs that usually fail, reasons they fail, and how we can help to fix them.
- (jlvillal) Moving 'enable_plugin ironic' out of ironic/devstack/upgrade/settings. This is because we should not have it there as it won't work for multi-node grenade. Problem is that it breaks the gate when we remove it.
- My proposal on how to do this:
- Change project-config to add ‘enable_plugin ironic’ to the grenade jobs. This will then break the Ironic gate https://review.openstack.org/#/c/443348/
- Merge the change to stable/newton ironic first to remove doing ‘enable_plugin ironic’ in grenade.
- Merge the change to stable/ocata ironic second to remove doing ‘enable_plugin ironic’ in grenade. https://review.openstack.org/442155
- Merge the change to master ironic third to remove doing ‘enable_plugin ironic’ in grenade. https://review.openstack.org/442154
- Another option to do this (which I am currently investigating) is putting logic into ironic/devstack/upgrade/settings to determine if 'enable_plugin ironic' has already been set and if so don't set again. Need to work on this code to see if possible and how difficult. This will also need to be ported to master, stable/ocata, and stable/newton
- My proposal on how to do this:
- RFE review
- Open discussion
- Boot From Volume meeting: TBD, poll at http://doodle.com/poll/qwhnpqazmf7fn5ik
- UI meeting: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Ironic-ui