Weekly Project Infrastructure team meeting
The OpenStack Project Infrastructure Team holds public weekly meetings in
#openstack-meeting, Tuesdays at 1900 UTC. Everyone interested in infrastructure and process surrounding automated testing and deployment is encouraged to attend.
Please feel free to add agenda items (and your IRC nick in parenthesis).
Agenda for next meeting
- Actions from last meeting
- Specs approval
- VOTING: Pholio Service Installation (craige, fungi)
- Priority Efforts
- Its-storyboard plugin fixes and Gerrit 2.11.4 upgrade (zaro)
- Infra mascot/logo (fungi)
- Switch to chrony (ianw 8-Aug-16)
- We moved away from using ntpdate in devstack-gate 
- This caused various flow-on problems with waiting for time-sync from ntpd. Details in 
- In short; if the time is not *already* set, ntpd can take a long time to synchronise
- Additional problems with ntp-wait for snapshot users 
- In short : chrony looks like a better choice for our situation of brining up servers and wanting them synced quickly (RH ntpd maintainer suggestion)
- Can we agree to switch to chrony?
- If so, we have a number of "include ::ntp" calls in other puppet
- Should we remove these for a new chrony class (a few open-source versions, or something simple we write ourselves)
- Or re-implement puppet-ntp to actually install chrony, meaning existing ntp class includes will "just work"
- Open discussion
Upcoming Project Renames
(any additions should mention original->new full names and link to the corresponding change in Gerrit)
- Fix snafu with the openstack-infra/ansible-puppet rename on June 3 (transparent to users, but we need some Gerrit cleanup for a duplicate project)
- Rename openstack/higgins to openstack/zun: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/326306/