Difference between revisions of "Meetings/DocTeamMeeting"
(→Apologies for absence)
m (→Apologies for absence)
|Line 66:||Line 66:|
going on for:
going on for:
Revision as of 21:22, 17 November 2016
Documentation team meeting
Every two weeks (on even weeks) on Thursday at 2100 UTC in
This meeting is used to discuss the status of the various docs speciality teams, as well as general docs updates. If you're looking to get started with documentation, or need to discuss work on a particular book, this is the place to do that.
Please feel free to add items to the agenda below and we'll cover them.
Agenda for next meeting
When starting the meeting, use #startmeeting docteam to provide consistency.
- #topic Action items from the last meeting
- #topic Specs in review #link https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/docs-specs,n,z
- #topic Speciality teams reports:
- API: Anne Gentle
- Configuration Reference and CLI Reference: Tomoyuki Kato
- High Availability Guide: Andrew Beekhof
- Hypervisor Tuning Guide: Joe Topjian
- Installation guides: Lana Brindley
- Networking Guide: John Davidge
- Operations and Architecture Design guides: Shilla Saebi
- Security Guide: Nathaniel Dillon
- Training Guides: Matjaz Pancur
- Training labs: Pranav Salunke, Roger Luethi
- User guides: Joseph Robinson
- #topic Countdown to release:
- #topic PTG Atlanta Feb 20-24 2017
- #topic Open discussion
Apologies for absence
- Anne. API report:
Karen Bradshaw has been working on updates to the openstackdocstheme that would fix this bug: https://launchpad.net/bugs/1583623. The review is up at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/393890/ and getting input from the affected teams who have recognized the need because of errors building when you have multiple API versions with very similar calls, so you end up with identical headings.
I've had a couple of inquiries on IRC about "where did the draft/swagger files go?" but to meet their stated end goals, those particular files wouldn't have worked any way due to inaccuracies in the content and incomplete content.
See the 100 api-ref doc patches up for review at: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+file:api-ref.
- Matjaz. Training Guide report:
- we changed our IRC meeting to every two weeks (on even weeks) on Tuesday at 1300 UTC in #openstack-meeting-3 - there will be an article published about BCN Upstream training in OpenStack’s Superuser magazine - BCN Upstream training retrospective https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/upstream-training-barcelona-retrospective
- John. Networking Guide report:
As for my update - not much to report. A couple of new articles are close to merging:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/361776/ - VLAN Trunking
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/356013/ - Routed Provider Networks
Need to decide how best to track the work that¹s going on for:
Probably a google spreadsheet or ether pad with a list of all the network guide pages to be converted, and the person working on it would be best. That way we can hopefully avoid duplicating efforts.
Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/docteam/
Public meetings are run in IRC; we use MeetBot syntax to note what happens during the meeting. http://meetbot.debian.net/Manual.html
- #startmeeting docteam
- #topic <item>, for each agenda item that is being addressed
- #link <url>, for relevant meeting URLs
- #info <info> for important notes that need to be added to the minutes
- #action <item>, to note tasks for a specific person
After the meeting ends, edit the wiki page https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs with links to the log and minutes (displayed in IRC at the end of each meeting).
We no longer hold formal office hours, but if you would like to walk through documentation processes, learn about the tools, or report a doc bug, feel free to come by the IRC channel at #openstack-doc at any time. You can also open discussions by emailing the email@example.com mailing list.