This wiki document is used to track work that has been scheduled for the Train release of OpenStack Manila.
The release schedule is here.
The manila project specific deadlines proposed are here.
- 1 Approved Specs for Train
- 2 Governance Goals
- 3 Python3 Testing
- 4 Other Work
- 5 Bug Triage
- 6 Reference
Approved Specs for Train
- Spec: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/609537/
- Spec: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/619925/
- Spec: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/616383/
Manila support for python-openstackclient
Owner/s: vkmc, s0ru
- Spec: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/644218/
Render docs as PDFs
TC Goal Champion: Alexandra Settle (asettle)
- Goal Description: https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/train/pdf-doc-generation.html
TC Goal Champion: Ghanshyam Mann (gmann)
- Goal description: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/653545/9/goals/train/ipv6-support-and-testing.rst - Goal description (changes by fungi): https://review.opendev.org/#/c/657174/1/goals/train/ipv6-support-and-testing.rst
Building on our Stein Python3 work, we need to get Manila Third Pary CI jobs running Python 3.
Python 2 (that is, Python 2 itself, not simply OpenStack support for Python 2) is end-of-life on 1 January 2020. This means that the Train release of OpenStack is the last release that will support Python 2. The OpenStack Technical Committee has declared that Python 2 support will be dropped completely during the beginning of the U development cycle (that is, late in 2019).
Reference: 2018-05-29 Python2 Deprecation Timeline
Third Party CI
We worked in the Pike release to get Manila unit tests running under Python3. In Train we have completed the work begun in Stein to get all first party functional test jobs running under Python 3. Now we need to push to get third party jobs converted to Python 3 since Train will be the last OpenStack release to keep support for Python2 and it will itself support Python3 first.
- NetApp ONTAP CI (DHSS=True/False): all Manila projects are running against NetApp CI configured with Python 3.7.
- Quobyte CI: all projects running with Python 3.7 .
- "INFINIDAT CI": all projects running with Python 3.7.
The steps to convert the tempest jobs to Python 3 were based on Cinder's Tips_for_Converting_Your_CI_to_Python_3 guide that can be found in the following section.
Tips for Converting Your CI to Python 3
Please share your experiences to help other CI maintainers. If you can't edit this wiki page (permissions were restricted due to a really bad spam storm in 2017), please slap your comments into a paste and contact tbarron, vkmc, or gouthamr in the #openstack-manila IRC channel and we'll add them for you.
For reference, here is the review that converted our first party tempest jobs to Python 3.
Here is Cinder's conversion tips page.
Manila UI plugin
- Extending integration tests
- manila-ui integration test framework was added in Stein release by e0ne: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/635112/
- Catching up to Manila API versions - v2.32 as of Stein release
- We need bugs against each API version and volunteers to work on these bugs
https://github.com/kubernetes/cloud-provider-openstack/pull/704 Work Items:
- CSI driver implementation: https://github.com/kubernetes/cloud-provider-openstack/pull/536 Merged
- Add CI jobs for Manila CSI: https://github.com/kubernetes/cloud-provider-openstack/issues/630
- Initial snapshot support: https://github.com/kubernetes/cloud-provider-openstack/pull/652 Merged
- Roll back storage resources on failure: https://github.com/kubernetes/cloud-provider-openstack/pull/704 Merged
- Deployment manifests refactoring and helm chart: https://github.com/kubernetes/cloud-provider-openstack/pull/711 Merged
- Add CSI sanity tests: https://github.com/kubernetes/cloud-provider-openstack/issues/714
- Move manila client into its own package: https://github.com/kubernetes/cloud-provider-openstack/issues/716
- Enhancements to the CSI driver:
- Volume extension
- Snapshots -- implemented
- Enable tooz with etcd on DevStack
- Convert remaining oslo_concurrency file locks to tooz
- Create a multi-node devstack job template
- Create a "HA" test job with the muti-node devstack job
OpenStack Client Integration
Owner/s: s0ru, vkmc, enriquetaso
- Extend the osc shell support within python-manilaclient
- Shell implementation added here (gouthamr): https://review.opendev.org/#/c/642222/
- Add CRUD operations on shares as a beginning
- Implementation: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/openstack-client-support+(status:open+OR+status:merged)+project:%255E.*manila.*
OpenStack SDK integration
- Workplan: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003752
- Add basic resources and actions (Share Types, Shares, Access Rules) (amito)
- Shares (basic and share detail) nearly done. I will hopefully upload a patch in the upcoming week (01/11/2018, amito)
- Add supplementary resources and actions (Snapshots, etc) (gouthamr, amito)
Bug Czar: jgrosso