Large Scale SIG
Belmiro Moreira <email@example.com> Pengju Jiao <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thierry Carrez <email@example.com>
The aim of the group is to facilitate running OpenStack at large scale, answer questions that OpenStack operators have as they need to scale up and scale out, and help address some of the limitations operators encounter in large OpenStack clusters.
Scaling with one cluster
Document the typical scaling issues. Push back the limits preventing scaling within one single cluster. Instrument the bottlenecks.
- Work tracker: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/large-scale-sig-cluster-scaling
- Large Scale Scaling Stories
- Oslo-metrics spec: https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/oslo-specs/specs/ussuri/oslo-metrics.html
How to get meaningful and actionable information about the state of your OpenStack deployments.
Document large scale configuration
Produce a set of documentation and guidelines on how to configure OpenStack for large scale usage.
- Work tracker: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/large-scale-sig-documentation
- Large Scale Configuration Guidelines
The Large Scale SIG will use mostly asynchronous communications means: discussions on the openstack-discuss mailing-list using the [largescale-sig] prefix, and various etherpads. Occasionally we may leverage the #openstack-operators IRC channel for synchronous discussion.
The Large Scale SIG meets on IRC typically every two weeks. We rotate between an APAC/EU-friendly meeting time (8 UTC) and an EU/US-friendly meeting time (16 UTC). See https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/large-scale-sig-meeting for details on the next meeting(s), and to propose meeting agenda items.
Past meetings summary and logs
Past and future events
- Project Teams Gathering meetings Wednesday Oct 28 7UTC-8UTC and 16UTC-17UTC
- Open Infrastructure Summit, virtual, Oct 20, 2020 (forum session)
- OpenDev (virtual), June 2020
- Open Infrastructure Summit, Shanghai, Nov 4, 2019 (forum session)