Large Deployment Team
Organisers: Matt Van Winkle <firstname.lastname@example.org>
A regular working group focused on the needs of larger deployments and helping drive solutions for those within the various OpenStack Projects.
How to Join
- Sign up to the openstack-operators mailing list and look for posts with "[Large deployments]" in the subject
- Email Matt Van Winkle <email@example.com> to get patched in
- Review bugs and specs and provide your input
- Raise awareness of significant specs and bugs on operators list
- Share more stories on Superuser
- Mailing List: openstack-operators mailing list with "[Large deployments]" in the subject line
- Regular Monthly meetings announced on the mailing list, in addition to sessions at the mid-cycle ops meetup and design summit - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/LDT
- Minutes from Monthly Meetings: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/LDT
- Past Summits and Mid-cycle Meetups
- Results from Tokyo Summit https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/TYO-ops-large-deployments-team
- Results from Palo Alto Ops Meetup https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PAO-ops-large-deployments
- Results from Vancouver Summit https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-ops-large-deployments
- Results from Philadelphia Ops Meetup https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PHL-ops-large-deployments
- Results from Paris Summit https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-summit-ops-large-deployments
- Lessons learned at scale: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/lessons-learned-at-scale
The following initiatives started as discussions within the Large Deployments group. They may eventually migrate to other parts of the Wiki.
A project to address the inconsistent use of a number of key architectural terms in OpenStack.
Public Cloud requirements
Although public clouds usually involve large scale deployment of OpenStack, there are a number of issues and requirements for public clouds which don't involve scale. They are discussed here.