Keystone edge architectures
This page contains a summary of the Vancouver Forum discussions about the topic. Full notes of the discussion are in here. The features and requirements for edge cloud infrastructure are described in OpenStack_Edge_Discussions_Dublin_PTG.
Concerns to be addressed
- Some data may be modified locally and must persist when changed
- There may be significant times with no connectivity and all functions (e.g. autoscaling) must continue to function
- Some data should NOT be synchornized to some sites, if the site is compromised, it should only hold relevant local data
- Centralized "view" to synch status of edge clouds would be needed for audit / compliance
- Centralized Management (of some sort) required.
- Edge sites may be very limited hardware (eg, may be single-node infrastructure)
Several keystone instances with federation with API synchronsation
Every edge cloud instance runs its own keystone instances. These keystone instances