*** Deprecated ***
- 1 Install Guide
- 1.1 Issues
- 1.1.1 General SLES/openSUSE
- 1.1.2 Basic Environment on Ubuntu
- 1.1.3 Keystone on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora
- 1.1.4 Glance on SLES/openSUSE
- 1.1.5 Nova Compute
- 1.1.6 Horizon on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora
- 1.1.7 Horizon on Ubuntu
- 1.1.8 General neutron
- 1.1.9 Neutron on Ubuntu
- 1.1.10 Neutron on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora
- 1.1.11 Cinder on Ubuntu
- 1.1.12 Cinder on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora
- 1.1.13 Swift on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora/Ubuntu
- 1.1.14 Trove on Ubuntu
- 1.1 Issues
- 2 Config Reference
To test the install guide, follow the instructions for your distribution exactly and update the table. If you come across an issue, search for an existing bug on Launchpad and open a new bug if necessary. Also, provide a link to your bug in the "Issues" section below the table.
✗ = One or more issues - Please describe below
✚X = Verified with milestone(x) or release candidate(rcX)
✚X = Implemented workaround, verified with milestone(x) or release candidate(rcX)
✔ = Verified with official release
✔ = Implemented workaround, verified with official release
N/A = not available for this distribution
Please describe issues at Documentation/InstallationGuideJuno and include bug numbers as necessary.
Numerous small issues. See patches.
Basic Environment on Ubuntu
Keystone on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora
- The default (dist) configuration uses deprecated [token] "provider" and "driver" options in keystone.conf. See workaround.
Glance on SLES/openSUSE
- Default "notification_driver = messaging" option in glance-api.conf causes AMQP errors without further configuration. Glance only uses AMQP with ceilometer and the ceilometer agent configuration includes the appropriate glance options. Consider commenting out this option. See bug.
- Nova compute looks for utilities provided by the "sysfsutils" packages when using cinder volumes with instances. However, the nova compute package does not install this package as a dependency. See workaround.
Horizon on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora
- CSS fails to render because default permissions of /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/static deny write access by the web server user (apache). See bug and workaround. Perhaps fixed in release packages on RHEL/CentOS? Need to try a release installation on Fedora.
Horizon on Ubuntu
- The L3 agent may depend on the "conntrack" utility for L3 HA and/or DVR, but packages don't install it as a dependency. See bug.
Neutron on Ubuntu
The "neutron-server" RC2 package requires running the "neutron-db-manage" script to populate database.
Neutron on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora
Security groups use "ipset" utility, but packages don't install it as a dependency.
Cinder on Ubuntu
An error in the "cinder_sudoers" file breaks privileged cinder-volume commands. See bug and workaround.
Cinder on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora
- The "openstack-cinder" package needs the "python-oslo-db" packages, but does not install it. See bug and workaround.
Swift on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora/Ubuntu
- The packages include ancient configuration files with deprecated/defunct options. The guide sources upstream configuration files as a workaround.
Trove on Ubuntu
- The Cloud archive repository only includes Icehouse (2014.1) packages. Contacting Chuck Short for more information.
|firewalls and default ports|