Ironic Quality / Testing
This page is about how to improve the quality of Ironic. With a focus on testing, but also other improvements such as code refactoring, etc...
Define Functional Testing
We need to define what functional testing is in the scope of OpenStack. As a guideline will use the functional testing that Nova has done.
Thoughts on what functional testing is:
- No usage of the mock library
- Minimize interaction with other OpenStack components, such as Nova, Keystone, etc...
- Run Ironic stand-alone as much as possible.
Scope of work
Document work to do for Functional Testing in Ironic
- Examine Nova client functional testing work
- Examine Nova functional testing work