Try it on Devstack
This is a minimal set of instructions to get the Ironic services started and configured by devstack. This is enough for Ironic to integrate with keystone for auth, neutron for networking, and glance for image retrieval.
It does not cover integration with Nova and the Nova "ironic" driver. That is being added by this patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/70348/
1. Obtain the latest copy of Devstack:
2. Go to the Devstack source tree and create a localrc file with at least the following options:
# Enable Ironic API and Ironic Conductor enable_service ir-api enable_service ir-cond # Enable Neutron which is required by Ironic and disable nova-network. disable_service n-net enable_service q-svc enable_service q-agt enable_service q-dhcp enable_service q-l3 enable_service q-meta enable_service neutron enable_service q-lbaas # You can replace "password" with your own one. ADMIN_PASSWORD=password MYSQL_PASSWORD=password RABBIT_PASSWORD=password SERVICE_PASSWORD=password
3. Run installation of Devstack:
4. Wait until everything gets installed.
5. Ironic API service is listening on http://YOUR_IP:6385