Difference between revisions of "I18nTeam/StringFreeze"
(Created page with "= StringFreeze = * StringFreezes are so important periods for I18n team. * For releases, I18n team usually takes care of like the followings: ** just before R-5: notification...")
Latest revision as of 15:46, 22 January 2017
- StringFreezes are so important periods for I18n team.
- For releases, I18n team usually takes care of like the followings:
- just before R-5: notification for "translation is important because stringfreeze period is too short. Please start"
- just before R-4: "This week is for Soft Freeze. Almost all strings in Horizon and related projects are being freezed"
- just before R-3: Horizon projects will be hard-freezed and packaged. If there is translation bugs, please change it before hard freeze
- R-2 and R-1: sharing translation stats with freezed project list on horizon and related projects mentioned in https://translate.openstack.org/
(Title) [StringFreeze] Soft StringFreeze starts! (Content) Hello language coordinators & translators! I18n team translates mainly Horizon and Horizon-related projects before all translated strings are packaged to be ready for upcoming releases. Now only four weeks are left before Ocata release , and I would like to inform that Soft StringFreeze period has come. According to the dashboard on translate.openstack.org, our targeted priorities are as the followings: - Dashboard - Horizon (High) - Dashboard Authorization Page (High) - neutron-lbaas-dashboard (High) - Trove Dashboard (Medium) - Sahara Dashboard (Medium) - Murano Dashboard (Low) - Magnum UI (Low) - Designate Dashboard (Low) Those all and more additional target projects are grouped in  for *master* branch, and PTL (@ianychoi) will check feature freeze status on their projects, and create a stable version: *stable-ocata* in Zanata for the target projects in this week. Although the stable version has not been created yet, it is highly encouraged to translate those projects from now, since StringFreeze periods are relatively short during Ocata cycle. If you have questions, feel free to ask through firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list or find many I18n members on Freenode #openstack-i18n channel. Thank you all!  https://releases.openstack.org/ocata/schedule.html  https://translate.openstack.org/version-group/view/ocata-dashboard-translation/ Ilya Alekseyev (IRC: adiantum), StringFreeze Manager in Ocata cycle Ian Y. Choi (IRC: ianychoi), I18n Ocata PTL
(Title) [StringFreeze] *stable-ocata* has been created in Zanata (Content) Hello language coordinators & translators! As I wrote [link] last week, on the last week, I18n team checked feature freeze status and also created a stable version: *stable-ocata* in Zanata.