The I18N Team
The mission of the OpenStack I18N team is to make OpenStack ubiquitously accessible to people of all language backgrounds, by providing a framework to create high quality translations, recruiting contributors and actively managing and planning the translation process.
"Internationalization is the process of designing a software application so that it can be adapted to various languages and regions without engineering changes. Localization is the process of adapting internationalized software for a specific region or language by adding locale-specific components and translating text." - from wikipedia.
The OpenStack I18N team will take responsible for the I18n and L10n of OpenStack. Our work will include:
- translation of documentations, messages, websites, and etc.
- I18n tests
- tools maintenance and enhancements
Roles in I18N Team
We uses Transifex to manage the translation. There are four different roles in a translation project.
- Maintainer: a person responsible for the whole Project in Transifex, who has full control over all its aspects.
- Coordinator: a privileged member in a translation team who can help in team management tasks, such as approving new members and reviewing contributions to that language.
- Member (Translator) : a person who can submit translations.
- Reviewer: a person who can proofread translations and mark them as reviewed.
- Project manager: the project manager will response for the whole translation of a project, or a documentation.
Besides translation, we also have below roles.
- tool developers: people who develop the scripts and related tools for I18n.
- I18n testers: people who will run the I18n test under different kinds of language settings.
If you would like to join as a translator, follow the guide here: Documentation/Translation
To find out more about how Translations work, look at this wiki page
Getting in touch
We use email@example.com as the mailing list. We all hang out on #openstack-translation (already registered).
The I18N team meets on Thursdays at alternating times, please see Meetings/I18nTeamMeeting
Lead: Ying Chun "Daisy" Guo
|Language||Coordinators ID||Translators ID|
|Korean||ujuckr||Yeonki, Nalee Jang,SangHyoung, Jay Lee|