The I18n Team
Internationalization (I18n) is essential to make OpenStack ubiquitous. The mission of OpenStack I18n team is to make OpenStack ubiquitously accessible to people of all language backgrounds, by enhancing OpenStack software internationalization, providing translation, maintaining a translation platform and managing translation process for better quality of outcomes.
"Internationalization is the process of designing a software application so that it can be adapted to various languages and regions without engineering changes. Localization is the process of adapting internationalized software for a specific region or language by adding locale-specific components and translating text." - from wikipedia.
The OpenStack I18n team will take responsible for the I18n and L10n of OpenStack. Our work will include:
- Translation of documentations, messages, websites, and etc.
- Translation platform maintenance and enhancements
- I18n test
I18n team is using Zanata as an open source translation platform. To see I18n team translation plan and priority, please visit:
- OpenStack I18n team Dashboard: https://translate.openstack.org
Local Translation Teams
- I18n team welcomes any kinds of contribution. Please visit and read http://docs.openstack.org/i18n/latest/ for more details on I18n contribution.
Getting in touch
- SIG Chair (from Victoria): Ian Y. Choi (ianychoi on IRC)
- PTL (as an official team from Mitaka to Ussuri): Ian Y. Choi (Train, Ussuri ianychoi on IRC), Frank Kloeker (Queens, Rocky, Stein eumel8 on IRC), Ian Y. Choi (Ocata, Pike, ianychoi on IRC), KATO Tomoyuki (Newton, katomo on IRC), Ying Chun "Daisy" Guo (Mitaka, Daisy on IRC),
- I18n team core reviewers: https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/1132,members (login is needed)
- All language coordinators, translators, and reviewers: https://translate.openstack.org/language/list
- Zanata development team (deprecated): Carlos Munoz, Alex Eng, Patrick Huang
- All ATCs: http://governance.openstack.org/reference/projects/i18n.html#extra-atcs
- And many other members from Infrastructure, Documentation, and other OpenStack projects with kind help
- I18n team liaisons: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#I18n
- I18nTeam/ATC statistics
- I18nTeam/Handling Bugs
- I18nTeam/List of Published Translated Docs
- I18nTeam/team/en au
- I18nTeam/team/ko KR
- I18nTeam/team/pa IN
- I18nTeam/team/pt BR
- I18nTeam/team/pt BR/glossary
- I18nTeam/team/zh TW
- I18nTeam/team/zh cn