Difference between revisions of "Governance/InteropWG"
(added to working groups)
|Line 98:||Line 98:|
Revision as of 18:10, 6 May 2015
This Committee was formed during the OpenStack Ice House Summit in Hong Kong by Board Resolution on 11/4.
DefCore sets base requirements by defining 1) capabilities, 2) code and 3) must-pass tests for all OpenStack products. This definition uses community resources and involvement to drive interoperability by creating the minimum standards for products labeled "OpenStack."
Our mission is to define "OpenStack Core" as chartered by the by-laws.
- Terms Definition
- 10 Core Principles (board approved Hong Kong Summit)
- Capability Levels: Component and Platform (board approved October 2014)
- 12 Scoring Criteria (board approved Atlanta Summit)
- 10 Designed Sections Principles (board approved December 2014)
- DefCore Governance:
- DefCore Process
- Capabilities & Sections
Objective / Scope
The DefCore charter is around how the OpenStack brand is applied for commercial uses. Initially, this focus is on "what is core" and sustaining that definition over time. The scope will likely expand since brand is an ongoing concern related to specialized marks and other use cases.
There are three ways in which the community uses the OpenStack brand including referring to projects.
- General community use of the mark
- Project-specific use associated with development activity
- DefCore-governed commercial use
While the top two of these uses are out of scope for DefCore, the committee has a need to participate in the discussion to ensure consistent and clear use.
How to Engage?
- Join the defcore-committee list
- Join #defcore on Freenode IRC
- Follow the code at https://github.com/openstack/defcore
- Join our weekly meetings
DefCore Scale Cycle Meetings (weekly on Wednesdays, 9:00AM Pacific Time, see etherpad links for join.me info):
- Scale.15 - May 6, 2015
- Scale.14 - April 29, 2015
- Scale.13 - April 22, 2015
- Scale.12 - April 15, 2015
- Scale.11- April 8, 2015
- Scale.10 - April 1, 2015
- Scale.9 - March 25, 2015
- Scale.8 - March 18, 2015
- Scale.7 - March 13, 2015
- Scale.6 - February 25, 2015
- Scale.5 - February 18, 2015
- Scale.4 - February 11, 2015
- Scale.3 - February 4, 2015
- Scale.2 - January 23, 2015
Capabilities Meetings (weekly on Wednesdays, 11:00AM Pacific Time, dialin: 1-855-600-7225, code 4625040):
- May 6, 2015
- April 29, 2015
- April 22, 2015
- April 15, 2015
- April 8, 2015
- April 1, 2015
- March 25, 2015
- March 11, 2015
- March 4, 2015
- February 18, 2015
- February 4, 2015
- January 28, 2015
Defining OpenStack Core is a long term process and we are doing the work in progressive cycles. For reference, we have named the cycles. This helps describe concrete deliverables for a cycle while allowing discussion of the broader long term issues. For example, we may say that "item X is important to DefCore but out of scope for Elephant." We have found that this approach to breaking down the problem is necessary to maintain community consensus because we are taking smaller bites of the larger challenge (aka eating the elephant).
See Process Cycles
The current cycle is named the Scale Cycle.
Current Committee Participants